• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Final: Wish list . . . add yours too

Started by Knight, March 20, 2004, 05:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

Quote from: Tempest StormUmmm...I am talking  about bugs and exploits used to cheat in order to make the tides in your favor...

Well I think 1.3's gonna elimate all of those exploits, and hopefully if anyone finds an exploit and uses it, they'll get reported.

Tempest Storm

Still nothing, can be 100% perfect. You're assuming too much of 1.3

Angstromicus

Well, all that's left to do is process of elimination.

Angstromicus

Something that needs to be fixed is the ability to point one of your weapon hardpoints through the terrain and fire it at objects on the other side.

slavelayer

It would help a lot if when in the commander view from a relay station the quick tabs would reflect the units local to that of the unit selected instead of the units around you.
For example its a pain in the but when you are controlling a service truck on the otherside of the map and want to order it to repair something but the quick tabs only show you the units around you instead of the units around the service truck.

The same holds true when ordering units to attack.

It would also be helpful if you could group together non like units, that way you could control a squad insead of all units of one type.  Say in one squad you would have a walker, 2 Assult tanks, 4 Tanks, and a service truck and in the other squad you would have 3 walkers, 2 scouts, and two service trucks. That way you can have each attack the enemy base from different sides.

I also second the notion of having formations instead of a big mess of units getting their butts kicked while trying to find a clear shot.

PhoeniX-FlamE

just pick ur service truck / units look at what you want to repair / attack and click space

no need to change it

Angstromicus

I've got another wish.

I wish that there would be better terrain shadows, I.E. if there's a big explosion with a bunch of light, the terrain shadow would change accordingly, instead of just a barely noticable amount. It would also be neat if the terrain shadow would change to the direction of sunlight.

Zero Angel

I wish assault tanks werent so slidey, and I wish scout and sentryProcess didnt have the idiotic maneuver where they spin around in circles when being attacked. I also wish that morphtank, and rocketTankFriend/Enemy AIs didnt have the 'subattacking target B after an attack order is given on target A causes only first HP to function' bug, but you cant have everything.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

PhoeniX-FlamE

GSH

I wish you guys would stop thinking you could write blank checks on my time. They started bouncing a long time ago.

What's more amusing, in a sick way, are those that bash 1.3 and still request huge things. As if they think that bashing is a good way to be listened to. Fat chance.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Positive critism and 'bashing' are two different things GSH. Esp. considering you are known to be someon who emphasises ' being blunt '...i dont really see why there would be a problem.

Black Hunter

Ok then, lemme try something a little different...

Although some may see wut I'm about to ask as irrelavent, I think I posed a question that needs asking. It was originally in the bottom of this page, but I think it may hav been drowned out, so I'll ask again here.

Tell us please, GSH, in the bigger picture, wut do you want to get out of Battlezone II 1.3 ultimately?

Zero Angel

Bashed what? I only bashed an AI process bug.

I thought this is a 'wishlist' topic, not a list of demands; thats why i posted. I put out a few things that affect many people (who wouldnt want scouts to stop spinning uselessly in battle?), and not just 'make my mod' requests. I'm VERY well aware that you dont owe me a thing, i've been in this situation myself; which is why I almost never ever asked you for anything big when I was in the private beta, despite the fact that yes I did have a few requests that didnt affect the quality of the stock game.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Tigger

I wish that loads more cool maps can be made, real fine mods and other exciting tidbits be added to the excellent 1.3 as time goes on.  In the meantime, I don't like being fried when I go above a certain height.  It's very UT2004ish to me; you know, you hit the force-field in your Raptor, and you start to lose health?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I would not relate it to a good game really. It is simply a bad thing to have.