• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Wobble kill and hover killing in 1.3

Started by Michael, March 21, 2004, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoeniX-FlamE

hehe i mean the fire rate... if you hover a ZST gt it shoots faster (40% right?) and the skies are full with plasma... making it look faster  :P  

its harder to hover ZST gts compared to FE gts, because its enough for 1 sudden move that the gt will miss while in ZST its just full of plasma... or at least what it looks like.. also - because it shoots faster u die alot faster  :P

DarkFox

1.2 Guntower:
Fire rate: 2 shots per second
Travel speed: 100m/s
Hit damage: 250 / 190 / 75
Ground explosion damage: 100 / 70 / 40
Size of ground explosion: 20

FE guntower:
Fire rate: 1.43 shots per second
Travel speed: 200m/s
Ground explosion damage: 100 / 70 / 40
Size of ground explosion: 20

ZST Guntower:
Fire rate: 2 shots per second
Travel speed: 130m/s
Ground explosion damage: 250 / 70 / 40
Size of ground explosion: 19

ZST turrets are the biggest deterrant to hovering. In FE, the big hover deterrant is recdefense.
ZST towers put out more damage/second, and seriously hurt scouts that try to wobble them. FE towers bulltets travel faster, but do the least damage of all guntower versions per second.
My favourite towers would be a version of the ZST towers that did a bit less hit damage, because I think guntowers do too much damage. ZST wasn't supposed to be a racial balance device though, so it's beyond the purpose of ZST, which was designed to tone down hovering and wobbling, not balance the 2 races.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

If you really wanted the races to have a unique feel, one would give the guntower shots a 'mortar' class and tweak it so that they seemed more liked they 'threw' heavy globs of plasma at the enemy.

The twin linked fire looks and feels much better imo, and it also makes it harder to wobble kill.

Perhaps a toned down damage, give it a mortar class (new 1.3 AI can aim with it properly) and a slightly larger splash damage that specifically harms the scouts a bit more (not as much as ZST mind).

That would be an interesting solution...

PhoeniX-FlamE

are u sure the ZST gts doesnt shoot 40% faster?

DarkFox

Check out the figures I just posted - it shoots faster than the FE tower, and it's bullet fly quicker than the 1.2 plasma... so sort-of, yeah.

Aegeis

Jesus!  All I want to know is if the current 1.3 turrets shot up vertically.  Dayum @ this odf lesson   :evil:

PhoeniX-FlamE

i thought the fire rate was 40% faster hmm  :s

DarkFox

Aeg - I left the 1.3 beta team, so I'm not sure.

GSH

Flying is still a bug and perversion. The designers (who were on BZ2 from day 1) thought that nothing could fly. Turrets can't aim up because "nothing can get there." That's empirical proof that flying wasn't supposed to be in the game.

All you flying-addicts are refusing to face reality.

-- GSH

PhoeniX-FlamE

lol
did u even read it? or u just though "oh defense killing they gotta be talking about hovering"

GSH

Aegeis is hijacking this thread, not me. And, I responded as to why turrets (still) don't aim up-- FLYING IS A BUG AND A PERVERSION.

Deal with it.

-- GSH

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Nice one GSH. You showed us about 'reality' ey?  :lol:

Aegeis

Quote from: GSHAegeis is hijacking this thread, not me. -- GSH

:?
How am I hijacking this thread?  The thread is *about* hover killing and wobble killing.  

Quote from: GSHThe designers (who were on BZ2 from day 1) thought that nothing could fly. Turrets can't aim up because "nothing can get there."

No actually that just makes me realize that no one tried putting a turret against a cliff or hill to hide it from passersby and figured that maybe the turret should aim up to defend itself if someone were to try and use said cliff to take pot shots at the turret.  It also makes me realize that no one even tried to make a flying jump off of a cliff and thought that they may use that as a strategy to kill the turret cuz it can't aim up that high.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Look Aegis, i think you just have to accept that any logic that does not come from GSH's mouth is automatically incorrect. He is the master of logic and knows all.

He is also very observent between the difference between 'WOBBLE' and 'HOVER'.

But hey, why let little details like that get in the way when you are a self proclaimed '' Battlezone II god ''  :lol:

Aegeis

I'm not trying to get into an arguement with him.  GSH is a genious at doing all he can for this patch.  I know he really feels hes helping and he is, I really believe it.  Its just how hot all these issues have become that's got everyone rattled and aggravated.  I got over it.

All I'm saying is its justified for a turret to aim vertical for those things I just mentioned irregardless if ships can hover or not.  This game lets ships take flying leaps off of cliffs and hills, it makes sense for a turret to be able to track and aim 180 degrees to keep up.