• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) Hovering scavenger types.

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 21, 2004, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Would it be possiable to make scavengers that hover, and act exactly like BZI scavengers?

Is it also possiable for Recyclers and Factories to be deployable on a 'pool' in the same way BZI had recyclers and factories deploying on Gysers?

If not, then lets make it so that BZII can be modded easily :D

NKLS!Theone

I've never seen a game so easy to MOD as it is. O_o Easier? Then I'd be able to do it! You know what that would mean? StarCraft MOD!

Scout

Heh expect Avatar to be droping around shortly, but their something along the lines as... that AI CLASS and its PHYSICS are HARDCODED together or what have you... there wont be treaded tugs.. or hovering apcs(not in the correct fashion any how)
and there will not be hovering recyclers or scavs.. Unless Ken jumps in head first and zaps that code into sum well alinged .. whatever :D

"woooosh", Av appears in a puff of smoke.

"I sense a tremor in the Force..."

:D

Hovering Scavs is out.  After plying him for weeks with wine, women, song, and lots of high-tech gagets Ken failed me.  Seems the Scav code is interwoven too much or some such mumbo-jumbo.  Still, I appreciated his looking into it.

Believe me, I really really really really <snip> really wanted hovering Scavs.  What I have works OK as long as you don't send them out over water...   :)  I miss the CCA/Chinese Scav arm anims, too, but cest la vie...

The deploying on Geysers stuff is easy though, if you think about it, but the best I could get for 'undeploying' was to allow your Recycler/Factory/Armory to be 'upgraded' back into their mobile form by the Constructor.  Works slick, and hopefully that 'first born child' bit I owe Ken will work out OK...

:lol:

He actually did have to go in a fix a lot of things to make my BZ1 stuff work right.  Geysers Av'd, upgraded Recy's went uncontrollable, Armories pulled crates out of the ground, and a host of other things were all fixed by Ken when I reported them to him.  Awesome.

-Av-

Scout

"woooosh", Av appears in a puff of smoke.

"I sense a tremor in the Force..."  

LOL!

FlashFire

No hovering ones... hout bout walking ones?  :D

Sponge