• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor Visual Bug) Other cameras cannot see you.

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 22, 2004, 04:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

When you target other vechiles on your own team, or select the rec or factory, the camera view that you get cannot see your ship. However, if you shift F2 / F3 then your ship pop's into existance on the Ai's camera, and they see your red beam. is there anyway to fix this?

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp MonkeyWhen you target other vechiles on your own team, or select the rec or factory, the camera view that you get cannot see your ship. However, if you shift F2 / F3 then your ship pop's into existance on the Ai's camera, and they see your red beam. is there anyway to fix this?

That's because most games (BZ2 included) don't actually render "you" ingame for a first-person view.  That saves rendering time and resources for something you don't see anyway.  When you go to shift-F3 the renderer HAS to render you, so you're there to be seen by other cameras.  

I'm sure it could be fixed but it's never been a big spoiler for me, I'd rather have a few more FPS...

-Av-

Sponge

im pretty sure its always been like this.
Who cares anyway, its not that important

Bull Dog

Back when I played on a 266 PII 64MB ram 4mb vid card first person would get 3fps better then third.  Only got 15-17fps max in first though.  Hehe man the comp was slow.

Much better now 2600+ AMD 2x256MB 333mhz Dual Channell DDR enabled  128MB vid card.  800x600 40-60 FPS solid even with lots of smoke and units.

PhoeniX-FlamE

Speedy

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

BS-er

BZ1 does allow you to see your own ship through another camera.  It's not that important a feature, but it is a nice touch.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

there are the odd times when it is useful, like when your being followed by an ass tank and want it to get a line of sight, i first noticed it on that Mission in the ISDF single player, the one where you kill Manson