• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

NewKeys probs

Started by sabrebattletank, March 24, 2004, 04:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

I have been having some probs with newkeys. I havent been ableto say any of teh commands. THe chat either stays blank of says 5 or the number.

sabrebattletank

Sorry, I had to go and didnt elaberate. My problem is that newkeys noesnt say anything. I joined a game and someone told me, step by step, how to do it. But still, newkeys stays silent. I have printed out the Adobe Acrabat sheet, and in the top-right corner, it sas the " Key Config Mod 92700 Release ". I was wondering if this is the 1.3 newkeys. isthere a 1.3 newkeys? Should the 1.2 version still work? Please help :?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

the 1.2 version should still work, mine does :)

RubiconAlpha

Are you using the num pad keys?

Is "num lock" on?

Is the NewKeys "custom" folder in your 1.3 Battlezone\addon folder?

Worked just fine in my version of 1.3.

sabrebattletank

I have tried it with the numb lock on and off. I have tried using teh enter chat and without. The Custon folder is in my addon folder. Yeah, im using the numpad keys. It still doesnt work... :?

RubiconAlpha

Got me stumped SBT...

It should be working just fine.  :-(

Only other suggestion is to re-download and then install on a fresh install of Battlezone II with 1.3 Public Beta in a different location than your 1.2 install if your still playing FE and 1.2 and other Mods.

Sure, it seems extreme but if all else fails, start over.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

DutchBoy

Run a search in your for bzgame_keys.cfg if there are more then 1 of these files it will cause this problem.

it's just a fidn adding keybinding so should work fine with 1.3, btw that 92700 is the release date, Sept 27 2000.. blah blah... older then i thought. :o

Tempest Storm

OMG, he spoke! :D

If you're still having trouble, you can also post the contents of the CFG file here and possibly see if its a fault in the file itself why its not working.

DutchBoy

hehe now back to my trolling ways

sabrebattletank

technoid

Quote from: Tempest StormOMG, he spoke! :D
LOL.

Hey Dutchy!