• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Armoury snap to drop off point

Started by aougli, April 02, 2004, 08:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aougli

Does anyone else sometimes find it difficult to point to the correct drop off point for the Armoury?  It seems there is some sort of "snap to" effect which can be a hinderance, resulting in weapons crates being dropped off within or on buildings.

I often build an empty scout and like to drop off a Chain crate so that it will land on the empty or the empty will automatically move onto the crate.  I've often seen this happen in 1.3:

btw, in the picture, the crate is stationary and was pointed to where the scout is being built.  It is still possible to get it, but it involves trying to get some height and climbing onto the front side of the Rec.

DarkFox

Have you tried using the armoury drop-off point instead of manually pointing it there?
To use the drop off point, set it as you would a factory, then select the armoury, select your weapon, point away from the terrain (at the sky) and press space.

This usually works fine for me to drop drates on empty scouts, and you can do it when you're not even back at base.

Dirty Rooster

Augli I have the same problem,
posted about it in private beta forum too.

The cursor is way too keen to snap to buildings, scavs, etc.
resulting in chains going onto the rec.

I just take it carefully now, but it would be great to
have the sensitivity reduced so we can aim a crate at
the ground more easily, just like in 1.2

technoid

I posted something similar in private beta also, specifically about snapping the armory dropoff nav to itself (the armory).  Unlike the Rec though, where you have a probability of obtaining the crate, you cannot reach the crate when it lands on top of the armory because of its collision box perimeter (unless you demolish it, hehe).

DarkFox

Demolish it? That's a bit extreme. You can use sonic wave, EMP lockdown, or m-curtains to get your crate out too.

technoid

Quote from: DarkFoxDemolish it? That's a bit extreme. You can use sonic wave, EMP lockdown, or m-curtains to get your crate out too.
Which is why I "hehe"d.  :D

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: DarkFoxHave you tried using the armoury drop-off point instead of manually pointing it there?
To use the drop off point, set it as you would a factory, then select the armoury, select your weapon, point away from the terrain (at the sky) and press space.

This usually works fine for me to drop drates on empty scouts, and you can do it when you're not even back at base.

I like that!   I hate perpetually running back to base to drop off chains.