• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor tweak)Last SP 'isdf' mis. - Player should have rocket

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 25, 2004, 06:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

The last isdf mission is crazily hard now (the one where you have to destroy the Scion supercompter). You have a really weak sabre '(low ammo and lo hull)' and your fighting these units calleed 0100111011 or whatever...and they all have dual combat gauss....

Now, i am not a 'bad' dogfighter as such, but even i was down to red-health after my 4th dogfight with 00010101110 units.

Personally i would make it so that

A) you get a normal sabre, with Spstab/Las/Mortar and Mits.

B) you get a single Service truck

C) Snatchal Charge instead of the 3 grenades.

That would make that mission doable. Still a challenge...but at least 'doable'.

Marksman

PhoeniX-FlamE

i dont think they are snipeable...

and dont they have laser and not gauss?

a service truck will kill this mission.... after each fight u just tell it to heal u - bad idea...

u get pods after few kills...

normal sabre will be great, and few more repair pods should fix that

Marksman

In 1.2 they are snipable. The snipe point is below the bottom hull, so you could hit it from any angle. I rarely have to dogfight anything, just lob morters at the gun tower in the center chamber.

I haven't tried that mission yet in 1.3. Has it changed?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Yes, thats my point.

Not only do they no longer have laser, but now they have gauss.

Also, they are not snipeable.

As a result we either give the human tank an upgrade, or we make the '0100110010' droids really weak.

And the game is excedingly hard to complete unless you have a snatchal charge to take down the central computer components.

Also, the repair truck is a good idea IMO, it means that you can go back and get repaired, as long as you do not lose the truck, also, it wouldmean you stand a chance...because the end mission requires you to go in several times, hop out, do as much damage as you can to the central computer (i suggest giving snatchal charge tomake this easier) and then running away from all the damned mines.

MowerMan

I could not snipe them, and I don't think you ever could, but maybe I never spotted the dot in the bright blue background.  Only the first two are hard.  If you can bean one with a mortar before it comes around the corner, you stand a fighting chance.  Switch to SP quick (at least they give you that), and you have to crowd them a bit and get up on the walls as much as you can circle strafing them.  I killed the first two, and I was still in the green.  The rest of the bots after that, you can mortar out without getting into their "Attack" range.  You just have to be care ful.

The "vacuum tubes" you should kill with your hand mortar to save ammo.  The "tower turrets" you should also kill with the hand mortar.  You can usually run sneak attacks on them.  You will notice that if you bean them with a hand mortar they will stop rotating, and you can unload the other two, and run back to your ship.

I had several service packs stashed in the path back to the dropship.  When you service up on the way in, use the "out of the way" packs.  Two of the vacuum tube rooms have ammo packs in them too.

The "beam supports", I killed with sp-stabbers.  Just staying on the move and blasting them.  I had one service pack close to the core room from a bot kill, which was the first one I used after doing damage to all the beam supports.  I then used the ones in the alcoves, and the one that appears in the middle when one of the supports goes down.

The path back goes to the left then to the right alternating, or you hit the cave-ins.  Although I did it the opposite way from correct, hitting eve3ry cave-in, and I still made it back to the dropship in time (barely).

All the missions are a lot harder now because of the improved AI.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Mower Man is correct, i completed the game years ago, and back then i was  not so good at completing it...was very close to losing that mission in 1.2.

So when i came back to 1.3 version, and saw my tank down to yellow after the first couple of dogfights, i guessed that the mission would be too difficult.

Just played though it....was easy.

However, i do think that the piolet should get a rocket launcher instead of a pulse rifel.

You originally could snipe them, and then you'd be able to complete most of the first part (taking down the force fields) without firing a single SP shot.

Once in a Core Guardian (011101010) the AI won't attack you unless you attack first.  Use this to get yourself to the tubes, sniping the guardians along the way.  The real trick is that the Tubes are, for some strange reason, ships.  You can (B)low your ship and sail right into a tube, then (B)low the tube and land in another sniped CG.

I found the ending harder, as I didn't seem to have enough ammo to take out all of the emitters.  (these are what first taught me about TAPs, btw, although I didn't understand how cool they were at first)  I didn't see the Service Pods that appear in the center of the chamber, I guess.  I have played it in early rounds of 1.3 and it didn't play any differently, but there have been map updates by GreenHeart that may have changed things.

-Av-

Acer

QuoteI could not snipe them, and I don't think you ever could
in 1.2 you could. I remember i used to snipe `em then i would pile them up for later use. I beated the level by using one 0100110010 after the other to destroy the gun towers. Donno about 1.3 though

Marksman

They are definitely snipable in 1.2. It was strange though. The snipe "light" was below the bottom of the ship, OUTSIDE the hull, not up in the cockpit. It may not be very noticable if you are looking at the cockpit for a snipe light. I did any fighting I deeded to do in the 0100101101 ships, saving my Saber for the final run out of the maze.

Also, after you take out one or two pillers in the computer core, get the rest in the red, then you can attempt to drive out through one of the two exit tunnels back towards the landing zone, triggering it to collapse. Then go back and take out the core. It will save you time later on the run out.

I'll have to go try it in 1.3 to see if anything changed.

Tempest Storm

It really isn't that hard IMO, you just need to be a bit more conservative and cool about fighting the drones. And those Grenades are useful for taking down the Power Conduits without wasting ammo. (Has a pretty funny bug to doing that though :))

Marksman

OK, I went and tried it in 1.3, and the guard ships are no longer snipable.  :-(

It certainly makes a difference. Along with having to blow them, you don't get their ammo for other uses. I definitely have to play this one differently.  :s

Marksman

I think I found another minor bug.

I was playing the last mission, Core, and lost. I died. I immediately switched over to an Instant Action map and played it out. As soon as the enemy rec went down, the scene broke away to the end movie sequence at the end of the Core mission, where the drop ship leaves and the Core planet dies. It thought I was still in that mission for some reason.

I think the bug might have been around in 1.2/earlier also.

Commando

The c111100s were made unsnipeable since sniping them made the mission easy.  GreenHeart fixed the model so the pilot was actually in the model, and I made the other tweaks since laser is an isdf weapon.  You can't easily outrange the ships since their engage range was increased slightly too.  You can still mortar them without them attacking you.

Doesn't the player get the sabre that already has sp stabber, mini guns, mortars, and a mine of some type?  If the player no longer gets an upgraded sabre, the change wasn't done by me.

technoid

Yeah, now you really don't have enough ammo to splurge on.  And the C1 Guards are much more effective.  Hmm, it would nice if your Sabre had regenerative ammo.