• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Minor Tweak) Turreted vechiles should break apart because..

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 25, 2004, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

When you press 'c' to view directly forward again, it snaps forward so blindingly fast that not even biometal should be able to take the G-forces, let alone the piolet inside a turret-mounted cockpit.

How about the speedy at which hitting 'c' returns you to the front is tweaked to be a little more realistic.

Bull Dog

Good point, but at least it get the job done. Fast.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

its not 'fast'...its neigh on insant, i think that this a bit too much.

Tempest Storm

I do as well, with a game like BZ2 there isn't a need for that much realism anyway.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I am shocked and appaulled!  :shock:

There is almost always room for realism, esp with things like this. I am not saying the 'click back to front' should be slow, i am sayingit should notlook almost instant, but just be 'rather sharpish'.

LOL, or keep it fast but red-tint the screen when you do it, as if the pilot were blacking out...

:shock:

Amen on the realism!  There should be enough reality to make it real, enough wimsy to make it fun.

-Av-

DarkFox

QuoteThere is almost always room for realism
Even when that 'room' consists of another few hours of time from programmers who have been working on this patch for years?

Jesus christ, as if anyone cares that much...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

it could take a few hours, or it could take 30 seconds to do and 2 min to test....

hense why this thread is labeled (minor). Also, this would not be the only tiny tweak done in 1.3.

I'd say present the bugs, tweaks, and enhancements in an orderly manner and let Ken and Nathan take a look and decide for themselves.

I do feel, though, that they're pretty tired...

-Av-

Marksman

Quote from: AvatarLOL, or keep it fast but red-tint the screen when you do it, as if the pilot were blacking out...

(* chuckle *)

... and add the sound of vertebra cracking.  ... and have the screen wobble side to side, vibrating back to vertical.

technoid

It's ok for me the way it is.  This movement application is also seen in some other FPS games, such as in the Quake series.  Known as "Center View", the movement that springs you back to that view is also instantaneous.  I think it's more of a game thing rather than for realism. It saves yer butt in these types of games where timing is critical/crucial, especially when your low average ping is 250+, like mine, heh.