• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(medium bug) Killing Single Turrets

Started by Bull Dog, March 25, 2004, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull Dog

I discovered that If there is a lone turret out in the field then all one need to do is circle it faster than it's head can move. Then it can't fire on you.  Of course placing two turrets properly would fix the problem.  But in 1.2 the heads could do a full circle in nothing flat.  Is the slow turning head intentional?

Thanks
Bull Dog

MowerMan

It was always supposed to "possible" to circle strafe a turret, it just wasn't supposed to be easy.  It might be just the skill lever you have set.  I think on "hard, as soon as you get in range, they are firing on you.

Dirty Rooster

No Mower, he means in 1.3 turrets turn so slowly that
IF you can get close-up you can circle it faster than
it can track, killing without receiving any hits.

You might receive hits getting into range though ... ouch.

MowerMan

I realize that is what he said.  I was just saying that is was always supposed to be possible at the right distance, but at the high skill level, it may be difficult to get to the right distance.  In BZ1 it was way too easy.

DarkFox

This has been in 1.3 since the very early days. It gives a good balance to the scion ability to flare turrets at the start of the game, and it stops people from using the starting turrets to deploy at different areas. It makes turret placement to protect every angle of your rec and still cover each other a more difficult task to accomplish, and finally it prevents the turrets from being too powerful.

I've known about and employed this skill wherever possible, and I can say in earnest there have only ever been about 4 opportunities in all my 1.3 playing where it has been a wise move.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

In the change log it mentioned the turrets turn faster now, might be an idea to make them turn a little less.

Lol, BZI turrets...so slow.

DarkFox

Yes, they do turn faster than they once did. In early versions of 1.3 it was possible to circle strafe them as a pilot. It's much harder now.