• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can't join game with 1.3

Started by Jabbapop, March 25, 2004, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabbapop

In all the previous patches I can't join any games because I get auto kicked for not returning a ping. I think my school's network disables the ctcp ping port. Now in the 1.3 version of the patch, it just gives me a flat out connection refused. I know that other internet games work fine, however, such as Q3 engine and Unreal engine games. Also, on a side note, I seem to be still banned from the in game irc room (+b). Would it at all possible to unban me?
and why is this post being kept deleted?

Bull

Well, if you read the nettips document in the root BZ2 folder, it'll explain what ports need to be opened in order to connect. If all this only happens at your school, perhaps this is the problem, and the other games don't require such specific ports.

Jabbapop

There's no way to change client ports? For example, SOF2 wouldn't work untill I changed one of the ports to a lower one.

Bull

Not that I'm aware of, and there's no mention of any options to do so, so I'd say it's set in stone. If not, I'm sure someone will advise.

Fried

Jabba did you ever have a leaked 1.3 beta ?

Jabbapop

Quote from: FriedJabba did you ever have a leaked 1.3 beta ?

:?
What does that have to do with anything?

GreenHeart

Jabbapop's was added to the banlist because when he was seen multiply times using a leaked copy of the 1.3.  IP Address's appears when joining IRC or when in a Bz2 session.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Jabbapop

Quote from: GreenHeart

Jabbapop's was added to the banlist because when he was seen multiply times using a leaked copy of the 1.3.  IP Address's appears when joining IRC or when in a Bz2 session.

Oh. That's strange. I saw the file available on an FTP server a while back and didn't realize it was a leak. My apologies!

DarkFox

You obviously didn't read any of the readme files either Jabba. I respectfully fail to believe you, no offense meant or anything.

Jabbapop

Quote from: DarkFoxYou obviously didn't read any of the readme files either Jabba. I respectfully fail to believe you, no offense meant or anything.

Ouch! You hurt my feelings! :'(

To elucidate, I've been out of the bz2 community for some time, due to crappy internet. When I came to college, i noticed they have faster lan. At which point, I wanted to see how the game would run. I messaged a member who i knew in the community, asking him about patch status, cuz the 1.2 didn't work behind my lan for some reason, and i thought a new patch might fix it. He directed me to download a 1.3 beta patch. I had no reason to believe it would be a 'leak', as 1.2 went through many betas before the 1.2 final. And there you have it!

Fried

True or not unfortuantely it came across in the wrong manner, I posted my above comment purely due to the previous work you did for bz2 that i made a lot of use of bzerc has had a lot of use over the years , thanx for that.
Perhaps a server will remove ur ip's from the ban list so you can game some.

GreenHeart

Quote from: JabbapopHe directed me to download a 1.3 beta patch. I had no reason to believe it would be a 'leak', as 1.2 went through many betas before the 1.2 final. And there you have it!

When someone who isn't a 1.3 beta member is given the information to download or given the patch directly you know very well the 1.3 patch wasn't released to the public & you know that was your receiving is a LEAK.  Excuses won't help get yourself unbanned since you have to wait until the next Public Beta Patch or until the patch is finalized inorder for the unban to be lifted(which ever comes first).
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Hasn't this guy been out of the loop due to lack of internet connection, and as he states, may of not known that the 1.3 was private at the time.

*GEL*Victorius[gm]

geez just unban this guy he just wants to play bz2... If you want to ban people who used a leak you could just aswell block everyone who is in a clan...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

0 tolerence polcies do not work. Esp when our community is small and dedicated.

The person who is at fault here is the person who 'leaked' the copy, not the user himself - given that he did not know it was 'leaked'.