• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The editor sucks in it's current form, how would you fix it?

Started by deadscion, March 25, 2004, 02:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZZERKER

DR, The risk is far too great to even consider that an option.

ds, Fine then use the mpi.dll for maps that will end up in the MP folder. I agree that the editor could probably use some kind of "quick shell". I might even look into doing one myself.

deadscion

I quite agree with BZZ any notion of placing the editor back into the main game program again runs the risk of a hacker doing what ever it takes to edit online.

Keeping the editor seperate from the game and any online options is a must.

However the idea of an editor with a "safe" testing place without having to exit the program is very cool.

Oh yes and you should be able to save the map to the what ever folder the game program prefers. ( I think this already works)

SilverB1rd

The bzeditor is simply compiled to run the /noscripts /nodll options should take all of 2 minutes to chagne that, so dont sweat it.

Huscar

Yes but sometimes it might be usefull to turn the dll on when you want it, and not from the beginning.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

How about something similar but easier to do.

Firstly, the editing for single player should be exactly the same as it was in 1.2

Secondly, players do not mind if someone edits an MPI or a DM, infact. People LIKE it, as stated by others its 'fun' to have team mates going up against large armys or having a cerberi rec or cool things like that.
But, it is unacceptable to to have editing in Strat games, because then subtle cheating can occour.

So, the solution is to have one exe or whatever for Strat games on MP, and another for single player, Mpi, Dm, etc.

Best of both worlds, everyone happy. Problem solved. The only question now is 'how do we impliment this?'.

Huscar

Noooo, of course I wouldn't mind if someone just puts 30 attilas around me, that is so much fun with the lazy 1.3 dogfighting ability :x .

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

deadscion

Hey!! this is MY topic and you guys are turning it into trivial pursuit.

Fishbone or somebody please closed this topic!

I feel everything useful has been said here.