• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

network thing

Started by DragonForce, March 18, 2004, 02:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonForce

hi all,

well i have a little problem, maybe one network guru here can help me out.
im at work sitting on a comp how access the internet throu a other computer who share his connection.

so the thing is with bz 1.2 im unable to see any multiplayer game, but with 1.3 im able to.

theres no router between me and the other comp just connection sharing, i oppened all ports from the nettips.txt and there no connection firewall or zonealarm installed.

so why 1.3 make me able to see games and 1.2 not :)

thx so far

Fried

1.3 can see network games and multiplay games at the same time i think, i know gsh changed something to do with networking and i imagine it's in the changelog.

Try that though u will find it a long read.

PhoeniX-FlamE

hmm dargonforce we had some ggs yesterday on 1.2

what do you mean u cant see 1.2 games? :s

or was that from home or something?

DragonForce

rigth PhoeniX,

at home im at the comp who directly access the internet, on work i go throu a other comp thats why

DragonForce

soz 4 pushin this up but i dint got a resolution :/
maybe more view this now who first missed

greets DF

DragonForce

ok i got it u can close this :)

i reinstalled the 1.2 patch and vola games there and playable

DarkFox

Actually, 1.3 supports network address translation, which allows players on internet connection sharing or behind a proxy to access internet games at the same times as other computers on their local area network.
The tech stuff behind this is quite simple, I'll go into it if you ask.