• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can't join game with 1.3

Started by Jabbapop, March 25, 2004, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

They are both at fault, unfortunately we don't know who gave Jabbapop the patch multiple times.  If the identity of the guilty person was known, that person would get kicked out of the beta testing group, and their ip would possibly be banned too.  Jabbapop had been banned at least two times due to receiving leaked versions of 1.3.  At one point, GSH asked him who leaked it to him, and he said CmptrWz gave him the patch.  This occured last year.  A few weeks before the release of the public beta, he was caught again using the leaked version of 1.3.  I'll comment out the banned ips in my gameprefs file since it is public now.

DarkFox

Jabba has also done a lot of harm to the community in the past hemp, it's not like this is his only foul moment.

Maybe he's changed, but I'm not sure.

Jabba's been both good and bad for the Community in the past.  I've been in MP games with him and he's more curious than dangerous.

He likes to know what makes a game tick, and was one of the first to explore the BZ2 shell.  From this he made a utility that was handy in the early days of MP...

I tend to look on some of his 'bad' stuff as a grey area.  He uncovered some of the initial MP bugs (not too hard to do, really, as there were TONS of them) and reported them, which is good.  He also then went out and exploited them all over the place to make sure everyone knew about them.  This was bad.

I'd say it's up to GSH, who's none too happy with our little popper, whether or not the 1.3 patch 'loses' Jabba's IP.

-Av-

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

If jabber means well yet apparently does 'bad things' then that is because other inderviduals dont know or could not be bothered to try to use his good will.

Jabbapop

Oh wow. I never realized that GSH banned my IP from the game. That's harsh. He's a meany, anyway. :-P

On a side note, I never remember myself 'cheating', per se. You know what they say about memory though! If man could never forget, he would be in quite the horrible state of mind!

I just can't get over the fact that GSH is provoked to such malice at my sight. It kind of makes me feel important.  :lol:

SilverB1rd

So rave guns on scout when your not the host is not a cheat? lets think about that one for a moment.

Did he do that?

Well, then he should die.

Jabba, run off and throw yourself off a bridge, willya?

:lol:

That's what I mean, he's a mixed bag.  Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always Jabba...

Now I expect Jabbamom and Jabbason and Jabbodog will all show up again.  It's almost like old times...

-Av-

Jabbapop

Quote from: SilverB1rdSo rave guns on scout when your not the host is not a cheat? lets think about that one for a moment.

Speaking of which, is that bug squashed in 1.3? Where you could define nonstandard loadouts for vehicles?