• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor tweak) Doppler affect for the Sounds.

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 29, 2004, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I read in the Change log that GSH changed it.

Firstly, whY?!?! the doppler affects rocked! now i can not even pick them up.

Secondly, lets have them back exactly the way they are.

Commando

If you are referring to the following, there was a reason it was changed.  With the new sound code, weapon sounds and a few others would start to sound wrong.  GSH would have to specify why it was changed, but I remember it being changed for a reason.
Quote- Turned off doppler on explosions. This makes the sound of minigun
bullets hitting the terrain sound better (not pitchshifted). Reduced
doppler exaggeration on other sounds by about a third. [NM]

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Hmmm, well this is one area where 1.2 sounds have a definite advantage over 1.3 sounds. The Doppler affects, ESP on things like the minigun, were really stylish! I do hope there is some way to enhance them back so that both the benefits of 1.3 and 1.2 can be experienced.

OvermindDL1

They were way to extreme, that is why some were removed and others cut back.

FlashFire

I liked the old sounds... they were fun...  :)

Slaor

The doppler is still there but it is now a bit more realistic - I can tell you that in 1.2 it was excessive to the point of being broken. Once tried to create a crowd noise soundcube for race maps in 1.2 - sounded great when u were still but when moving past it the doppler caused the sound to shift from a swarm of bees to a badly tuned Harley engine.

It's fine now. This kinda stuff is highly subjective and trivial.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

yeah, thats why its minor.

How about a comprimse...just up the doppler affect a 'bit'. And if possiable, get it so that you can hear things like hit affects one the ground change pitch.