• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor tweak) Graphical affects for units engines

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 30, 2004, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Would be nice if the ISDF turrets had the same engine affect as the rest of the ISDF.

Oh, and Huscar should post his Idea here too.

We could add flames to turrets...  

About the thruster idea, I would LOVE to have a thruster set tied into each direction key, especially for Space-Based maps.  That and a few other physics tweaks would make for some stellar shooters...  (pun intended)  :)

I did ask Ken for this early on in the recreation of the BZ1 ships as they had "jump thrusters" while BZ2 has "engine thrusters".  Ken told me at that time that the "ISDF knows a lot more about biometal now and the whole 'jump thruster' setup wasn't needed anymore."  

When Ken offers game background story elements to support an effect, he's subtly saying he didn't have the time, desire, or inclination to check into changing it...  

:)   I speak "Ken"...   lol...

-Av-