• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

DM and STRAT option request list

Started by Nielk1, April 02, 2004, 09:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Yes, the dll can easily restore the control.

EDIT:  My comments so far

Both:
Allow Side Switch [Y/N] No is Default

Is possible, but will require a bit of work, probobly not worth it, can just un-join and rejoin

Allow Back-stab [Y/N] No is Default
Goes in the same realm as team-switch...

Player Pause [Y/N] No is Default
Not at all possible in any way shape or form, the clients are not capable of controlling the game beyond their own inputs, if there was a way for them to send data, I would be using it in my own projects right now, having to work around them at the moment

Set team color [AUTO/-long list-] Auto is Default
Is possible, will require a slight shell adjustment.

Choosing start position [AUTO/1/2/3/4/...] Auto is Default Cant dammage units on own side [Y/N] No is Default
Also quite possible, will require a slight shell adjustment

STRAT Only:
Undeployable Recycler [Y/N] No is Default

Possible, will require a new recy odf (not replacing the original, it should have a unique name, good to remain compatable with normal bz2)

DM Only:

DURING GAME:

-Allow Side Switch [Y/N] No is Default

tank becomes AI and piolet is teleported to side of choices start marker

Goes up with the team switch and backstab...

-Allow Back-stab [Y/N] No is Default

Keep tank and position on map, but switch side

Goes up with the team switch and backstab as above

Player Pause [Y/N] No is Default

Player's ship acts like it is in a drop ship (Cant move or fire) and also cannon be hurt, all other game processes still take place

not possible for it to be player controlled, can however do something like this controlled by the server, do not entirely see the point in just freezing the humans however.

So far these are all just little things that are not really possible or not really worth it, save for a few exceptions.  Please attempt to keep ideas within the realm of possibility of the game engine.  Not to sound rude or anything, just the only responses I could think of.

It doesn't have to, that was the fix Ken applied.  In 1.3 you retain control over a building upgraded into a vehicle.

-Av-

Huscar

How about the pause being a massive rain of invisible emp? You could still shoot, but it is quite close.

Tempest Storm

Doesn't it cross ones mind to realise how much lag that would cause. :)

Spawn

The undeployable recycler could just be one of the new recycler options, like greenheart variant ect.  IF this would happen though, I would like to see the ability to include it in the final patch, so people would not need to download an upgrade to do it.

Huscar

Quote from: Tempest StormDoesn't it cross ones mind to realise how much lag that would cause. :)
Is that important when pausing the game?