• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mission 11 On Thin Ice

Started by Der Vampyr Engel, April 08, 2004, 07:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVE just get to the nav and deploy your Recy.  With two pools you can crank out enough turrets to ring the thing before the first major attack wave shows up.  Between them and mortors on the way in the closely packed Scions don't stand a chance.

I've found that failing at an SP mission is a sign that I'm trying to do too much.  Don't try to get the third (behind you) pool, or get a GT up, or anything but make turrets.  They're all you'll need and you'll have plenty of loose shortly.

I actually thought this 'rush' bit makes the level feel more real.  If a well-established Scion Base detected an ISDF Recy moving in they'd throw a pretty good party right off, wouldn't they?

-Av-

Huscar

I know that feeling DVE, but then you could say destroying your dropship is also cheating.

Der Vampyr Engel

Here we go Go ahead DF have a go  why do you , but as I sad I ain 't only one having problems and I did try out the strategies  PF and  you came out with  before I said " No that can't be right"  so don't come having a go at me if I find out that they don't work OK? I do actually take advice and give a suggestion a chance  

Yeah Avatar I will take your advice and see if that works your possiby right I do tend to get a litle flustered, I suppose them coming out to get you if you try to set up a base right next to their base is right although I think you woud get more than just the few ships that swarm you though , possiby half the base would come out.

Well yes Huscar I suppose you coud say that :), Still what I can't get is why you would set the base up right next to the Scoin one or even have a drop point there I suppose the Sensors woud be down but I can't understand why I can't just deploy the Recycler nearby, Get some scavs to the back pool, crank out a few units and then move on  I thought you could deploy and unploy using the constructor in this 1.3 version?

DarkFox

QuoteGo ahead DF have a go why do you , but as I sad I ain 't only one having problems and I did try out the strategies PF and you came out with before I said " No that can't be right" so don't come having a go at me if I find out that they don't work OK?
I wasn't having a go. You're the one that said you refused to believe what I was saying, simply because you'd tried it and it hadn't worked for you.

I just tried that mission again in 1.3. I managed to get 4 turrets before the first scion attack on my recycler. Try destroying the dropship, setting up your rec as far from the pool as the terrain allows you, then building 2 scavs, one on loose, one on scavenge. Crank turrets and line them up directly in front of your rec. If you still have the scout, recycle it.
Sit the transport on your rec pad where the pods spawn, and tell it to hold position. This will allow you to heal it with pods if it gets attacked.
4 turrets plus your tank easily crushes any enemy attack this mission.

PhoeniX-FlamE

can 1 of the topics be locked? if posted 'my' strategy on how to do it there and now i see DF posted almost the exact same thing i said here... can it be crossed or 1 be locked? its both the exact topic only spread in 2 posts...

BZZERKER

DVE, I just had a go at this mission and finished it with minimal problems. I'm far from what you would call a "vet". Don't try to over extend your resources. 2 scavs before first rush, no more, then concentrate on turrets and pods. After the 2nd wave worry about extra scavs and then constructor. It also helps to hit the spacebar when the "condor movie" pops up.

Der Vampyr Engel

Hit the Spacebar ? Hmmmmmmm OK BZZerker I am gong to have to try this again, You say you set it up as far away from the pool at the drop point DF Ok I will try this

DarkFox

There are two topics because you psoted without searching DVE.
I agree, this one should be locked.

Done.

Please continue at the original post on this topic:

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1741

-Av-