• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MPI Firestorm scion strategy

Started by exocet, April 06, 2004, 03:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exocet

Wow, this map was incredibly tough to beat solo...
I was Scion vs an ISDF computer, after a rocky start I managed to control the map and upgrade all pools that were'nt in their main base. For those who have played it before, you may be familiar with the insane amount of Assault/Rocket/Mortar towers and the narrow pathways you have to travel across to get to their main buildings. Here's where the problem starts. How can you crack open a base with that much defense as scion? Archers are pretty much out of the question as the Mortar Tower equals the howitzer range...The only way I beat it in the end was by setting up a heavily defended staging area just outside their base, and by sending in full groups of Maulers at individual towers on each run. I tried mixing full groups of Titans and Maulers without much success. Is this really the only way to crack open bases in most of the new MPI maps by Greenheart? I'm open to suggestions, it took well over 2 hours using that method to eventually take down the computers recycler.

OvermindDL1

Thats sounds about normal to what I have experienced.

Spawn

One thing that is possible is you get in a sonic mauler, then get all the defenses attention and have other things charge in, but you would probablly need some practice with sonic and the martars.  Also, couldnt you just use archers to take out the assault towers/statues then send in other units?  Congradulations Greenheart, you've made mpi hard again,  unless you have fountain...

exocet

QuoteAlso, couldnt you just use archers to take out the assault towers/statues then send in other units?

QuoteArchers are pretty much out of the question as the Mortar Tower equals the howitzer range...

Oh I have a quick question regarding the new jammers...when people say you cant target units within the jammers range with AI units, does it still prevent computer commanded units from attacking? In my experience it hasnt so far, am I missing something?

GreenHeart

The entire point of making those maps was to make them abit harder so that it wasn't so easy to defeat the ai.  I wanted more of a challenge, unlike some maps let you take afew pools & then just drive up with afew units then the game is over.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

PhoeniX-FlamE

i still find them quite easy ;)
20 - 30 mins MPI, which is improvement compared to 5-15

anyways have u tried titan with 6 + trucks?

exocet

Ohhh hey dont get me wrong, I love the maps and enjoyed playing them...was just curious as to how other people went about defeating them.

I tried using that Titan tactic with about 3-4 healers without too much success, i'll give the 6 healers a go and see what happens. The main difficulty with that strat was dealing with the SP-stab tank waves...

GJC

Quote from: PhoeniX-FlamEi still find them quite easy ;)
20 - 30 mins MPI, which is improvement compared to 5-15

anyways have u tried titan with 6 + trucks?

No matter how vet you are I doubt you beat firestorm solo (or even with the help of thugs) scion vs isdf in 30 mins.

PhoeniX-FlamE

isdf vs isdf 23 mins to get them under lockdown with 3 pools - enough for a bomber... and comp dont shoot bombers down...

GJC

robotman0

Phoenix... are you sure that the computer doesn't shoot down bombers?  I played that map ISDF vs. ISDF.  The computer has rocket towers and they shot down my bomber when I tried to take out the mortor tower thingy.  

Btw I also would like to say to Greenheart, that is a wicked and awesome map.  :twisted:  It really brings the challenge back into mpi.  A job well done.

PhoeniX-FlamE

just shoot the front lines 1st... and if they do shoot at it the bomber drop the bomb before it dies... build a new one... next time 1 less rocket tank

Juvat

Awesome Map GreenHeart  I love a challenge, its a pity there is not a few more toughies around like this one.  I've got the Hadean's working on this map with some Mega Guards in there makes it real tough     Good Fun!!

Cheers

exocet

Lord Thrall

Good job on the map GreenHeart, it was definatly harder then most other IA games I played before.

Now all we need is a good AIP and they will be unbeatable! (or as close as they can get to unbeatable  :)  )