• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor suggestion) Spire shot strength vs. mortar bikes

Started by APCs r evil, April 22, 2004, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

Why not make guns spires a bit more powerful so they can actually destroy a mortar bike in one hit instead of having to hit the bike twice to destroy it?

Zero Angel

Spires own mortar bikes as it is and are pinpoint accurate after the 1st shot. They're good enough as it is, imho.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Tigger

APCs r evil

I agree that spires completely own mortar bikes but still one direct spire shot to a MB leaves it with around 20 hp and im just saying it would be nice if it would leave MBs with -1 hp. :-)

Tempest Storm

APCs r evil

I see what you mean about the whole balance issue, so never mind. 8)

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

a little tip of naming posts.

If i had written posts i would if named it

(minor suggestion) Spire shot strength vs mortar bikes

Notice the lower case of 'minor'.

Angstromicus

It's bad enough as it is with scion jammers used in conjunction with base defenses. Making gun spires even stronger against mortar bikes is unbalanced.

Angstromicus

Tho I do think jammers are overpowered, you should at least be able to isse attacks via image signature. Scions have jammers, perhaps ISDF should have stealth field generators.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

lol, no. Jammers present a huge problem. But you just have to think about the situation and suss the solution. Thats what BZII is all about. Jammers have '*Ammo* all' health....Scions find it very hard to take down bombers.

so, rush the jammer, send in the bomber, attack the pools.

:twisted:

DarkFox

Quoteso, rush the jammer, send in the bomber, attack the pools.
Get an AI scout to follow you, or get an ally to paint the rec before they build a jammer (not hard at all).
This will let you target stuff with AI units, including the bomber.

Jammers are still not worth 50 scrap. Moaning about them being overpowered is daft.

PhoeniX-FlamE

i got better plan @ jwk

get a constructor
click "4" and look to your rec - then click space

walla! jammer problem solved

back to topic.... AI go crazy after getting hit by a spire and it usualy doesnt move away and just dies
so it realy doesnt metter... i have yet to see a mortar bike getting in gs range and walking away alive (even if its 20 hull after 1st shot... the gs gets the 2nd shot to kill it)

oh, and im talking about AI mtr bikes, because piloted human bikes are forbidden

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

which comes to the point about giving them FE engines.

FE mortar bikes are allowed because their manuverabilty is reduced. I see no reason why 1.3 has not already got this as standard.

Tempest Storm

Because the netcode was fixed (Or atleast its supposed to) to alow "hyper speeds" on ships to not kill the stability.