• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor tweak) Titan cannon animation

Started by APCs r evil, April 24, 2004, 11:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

When you fire either guns or cannons in the titan why do the cannons themselves protrude from the back of the head from the recoil?

And why dont titan weapons converge on a target? Walker cannons are about as close together and they converge. Is it because titans have less range?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I would label this :

(minor tweak) Titan cannon animation.

I think that the cannons should converge on a target. It is a simple enough tweak to make.

EDIT : Well spotted

APCs r evil

You mean noone else has ever spotted this? :shock:

I never noticed that the ARC doesn't converge, possibly because it's a 'salvo-type' weapon?  I mean, some ordnance is meant to converge (bullets, shells, beams) and some isn't (rocket salvo from Treaded Rocket Tank).  I think the Titan is deadly enough the way it is...  :)

The cannons are suffering from "Ken-itis" as far as the animations.  He fixed the recoil animation code but couldn't do much about the actual structure of the models.  In the case of the Titan not enough room was left to prevent the models coming out the back when recoiling.

-Av-

Black Hunter

I believe I can be of assistance in the recoil protrusion area. Unless someone has already done so, I have a slightly modified Titan mesh that is fixed to eliminate that little problem, which I would gladly provide to whoever needs it.

Spawn

Have you ever really needed arc in a titan to converge?  Arent either you or the thing your shooting at going to die in about 30 seconds anyway? Also, does it happen with all weapons?  cause that could be a problem...

APCs r evil

There is only one really important reason they need to converge and thats because if its an AI titan and you are off somewhere else baby sitting some other AI unit the titan can be easily distracted by a single pilot since the cannons are too far apart for the titan to hit the pilot, the weapons fire right past the pilot.

All weapons dont converge when used on titans.

FoxBlade

apcs your effectively too n00bish to understand pilots......like most other n00bs....they get angry when I waste pulse shots on a recy or building.

for the last time: PULSE DOES ZERO DAMAGE TO HEAVY ARMOR.

ZERO

NADA

NOTHING

it doesnt even 'help' regeneration or anything.

and arc canons........I would prefer to have that nice 1 meter spread to hit my targets at 200m...besides, AI pilots wont attack other titans, and for a pilot to use lets say rocket launcher and attack a titan would mean he would get hit by the blast. besides that, its stupd.

but ARC has a spread in itself. just look at the way each 'laser' bounces around. it covers at least one square meter on average.

Acer

What he said was that you could distract an AI titan with you pilot while another unit kills it...

PhoeniX-FlamE

fox, im not so sure because we got a fac to 0 health and 3 pilots pulsed it and we killed it...

either there was a lil lag with last chain shot or pilot pulses realy did get it...
(1.2 though)

and its preaty clear apcs was talking about distracting it and making the titan useless

Angstromicus

I do a lot of distraction on guntowers. Heck, I distract an entire base just by pulsing someting, when I'm on top of a guntower. It's probably made that way intentionally for strat purposes.

APCs r evil

Quote from: AcerWhat he said was that you could distract an AI titan with you pilot while another unit kills it...

Exactly.
And i also know that pulse does ZERO damage to heavy armor, you dont have to be right in front of the titan to be between the shots either.

Weevil

@ Fox: Why so insulting? apcs is right that this does mean an issue: I don't think it's a bug that has to be removed, but it definitely has got some kind of effect on the gameplay when a single pilot can pull all of a Titan's attention on him while a scout or the like can meanwhile easily kill that Titan without getting a scratch.

Spawn

couldnt you just give arc a little damage around the beams to no armor?  Not much, but emugh to kill pilots easily?  It would probablly be much easier than making the cannons converge.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

How about this, we give ARC splash damage of 1M when it hits the ground.

Sorted.

And The fixed animation sounds perfect.