• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ON THIN ICE: you know you play BZII 1.3 too much when...

Started by Reno_911!, April 28, 2004, 11:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty Rooster

I never did that mission the Reno way, but I must admit it
intrigues me. I shall give it a go once the next 1.3 public is
out.

I always thought the enemy starting guardians should NOT be
snipeable, except for the 'rumble in the jungle' one near
Shabayef's ruin hideout.
I tend to 'uncheat' the single player missions by regarding
them as unsnipeable, and hills as BIG hills, and enemy Rec
as taboo even when easily killable from my ship.

On thin ice still suffers (no matter how hard the starting rush is)
from the mission anticlimax problem, in that it starts HARD and
moves to EASY really quickly.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Mabey we should remake the entire single player so that its alot harder (like..FE style)...

But make it so that if you chose 'easy' setting the damage your weapons does to their ships is more conisderable to what it is now.

That way the current vets can enjoy a single player challenge (i did not really have any challenege even on hard in 1.3 for the entire single player campaine) and if the newer players set it on 'easy' then they can play it though once, and then ask for help etc etc.

Bascially...make 'medium' *alot* harder...and make the affect of selecting 'easy' bigger.

PhoeniX-FlamE

i just think its preaty lame to snipe AI, because they cant do hoot about it...

and they werent ment to be snipeable (the gurdiens)

fried, i dont mind playing nasty against some1 with no skills (exept sniping maybe[lol] ) thats telling me i got no skills...

FoxBlade

I always had an idea that the pilot sniper gun shouldnt reload, such as the satchel charge or the grenade things. it would make the game so much more intersting with only limited sniper abilities.