• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium/Major bug), vehicle hit boxes.

Started by Angstromicus, May 12, 2004, 03:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

In 1.3, the vehicle's hit box location is "calculated". I've noticed that the vehicle's hit box becomes more and more further away from the vehicle as the velocity of the vehicles increases, whether it's moving in a direction or spinning.

Bugs: Shooting the image of the vehicle does not hit, you must hit the invisible hit box.

One thing strange about the hit box issue is that if the vehicle is empty, jumping in the hitbox doesn't make it pick you up, but rather jumping in the image of the vehicle.

Also, the hitbox determines the vehicle's interaction with the terrain, so the vehicle may appear to bounce off nothing, high in the air.

OvermindDL1

The 'hitbox' is the vehicles actual location on the server, what you see is slightly lagged, cannot be worked around due to network conditions.  On my lan they match up if you are playing over the internet, they almost never will.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

You might want to check this thread out as well.

(MAJOR Bug) Targeted AI jerk around! Needs fixing!
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1840

EDIT: made this post before i read the stuff on '' proposed changes''

Commando

Hemp the ai warping has been addressed in a more recent build.  Hopefully the same applies to human players too, I haven't had the chance to test that because there aren't any games up when I'm online.

OvermindDL1

The AI warping when targeted was due to a calculation being made twice.  Human warping is *not* so easy to fix, make sure everyone has a good megabit connection to the net or faster with less then 10ms latency and that will fix human warping.

Angstromicus

This happens in single player too (but I was doing bzedit.exe).