• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor suggestion) extremely minor bug: multiple units

Started by sabrebattletank, May 02, 2004, 06:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

When I was buildng a set of turrets, while they are building, i cant select different one. Here's how it happens. I build five turrets in a row in teh F6 grouping. When one is finished, I select F6.I wait for all 5 to finish building. Then, I press ~ to select just one. It stays gray and doesnt change menus. I cant select specific units. I can otherwise, just not when I select teh group while its building.

CmptrWz

NON-BUG

When you select after one has built you only select those that are built. That works for 2 or more built when there are more coming.

Thus, if you only have one selected, you can't select an individual.

PhoeniX-FlamE

u gotta wait till few are finish... and thne those that are finished u can pick from... if u build 10 scavs and select the group only when the 1st 5 are finished and click ~ ull only have the 1st 5 that were finished before u picked them...
i dont think its a bug

sabrebattletank

No, I dont think you guys get it.

1) I tell matriarch to build three scavengers

2) While One scavenger is finished, I select the group.

3) I wait until all three are finished.

4) I press ~ to select a specific one, but ~ is still grey and I can't select specific ones.
What I am seeing here I think is a refresh problem. The command list doesn't know that all three are build, so I can't select ll three.

BZZERKER

sbt, I think what you've found is a leftover of 1.2. In 1.2 if you select a group that is in the process of being built, what happens is the fisrt unit will have "~" assigned to recycle while the rest of the units are being built. Unselecting the group and re-selecting the group after 2 or more units have been built will then change the funtion of the "~" key to select a specific unit in that group. As we know, the "~" key no longer has an influence on the recycle command and thus you were able to uncover, at worst, a trivial annoyance.

Tempest Storm

They very well understood what your saying. When only one unit is built and you select it, BZ2 only selects that unit. Because the other units don't exist yet.

Having the bar refresh every time a unit is built into the group would be a waste of time, processor power, and code IMO. Its really not that hard to press tab and select the group again.

Ungodly

I think the easy answer would be :
step 3a)  Again select the group (F1 - 10).  Then move onto step 4.

Yes, you're right though, you can't select the group right after step 3.  As to whether this is a bug or not ... is in your perspective.

Angstromicus

I wouldn't say it's a bug. It's just that pressing the key for the group only selects the existing unit(s).

sabrebattletank

look i know its trivial.
hence the 'extremely minor'
I know its now important
I know its not hard to work around, so in a lesser sense,
Thanks for your feedback.

DarkFox

I still think you misunderstand people SBT. We *know* that it's minor etc, but this is *not* a bug. We *prefer* the game to work this way. When I select *one unit*, I only want that *one unit* to stay selected. This post is like saying you think the minigun should have a range of 140m, it's pure opinion, and most people here disagree.

It's not an 'extremely minor' bug, it's a feature that has always been there, which you personally do not like.

technoid

Yeah, like TS alluded to, it's just a few (ok... "several", heh) more lovely lines of code that Pandi may or may have been aware of, but was not put in.  Menu item realtime autorefreshing was probably not on the list of  Pandi's "menu" of priorities at the time to get BZII out of the door.  Maybe if some betatester/designer back during the beta in 1999 or the last 2 bug patches would have recognized it, then maybe it may have been written in.

FoxBlade

SBT you can change the topic name to 'minor suggestion' and get everyone off your back.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I shall do it....unless SBT wants it to be something else.