• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey all... question concerning colors

Started by Stone, May 10, 2004, 09:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone

Hey guys, my first thread, so if I'm doing something wrong please tell me.

I read somewhere here that in order to change what color you are in the game, you have to edit the DLL file of the type of game you want to change your color for. However, I've looked and I can't figure out for the life of me how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

FoxBlade

You shouldnt be messing with DLLs. Thats for experienced modders.

to change your color simply be in another slot in the player list.

pharoh

Quote from: FoxBladeYou shouldnt be messing with DLLs. Thats for experienced modders.

to change your color simply be in another slot in the player list.

messing with dlls is tricky stuff, but there is no rule to say that you cant. edit the dlls as you wish BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACK UP OF THAT DLL. once you get the hang of dll its really cool otherwise do as foxblade says.

BTW you can change the color by useing BZme too.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Someones should give him a link to '' new keys '' as well

APCs r evil

If your talking about changing a ship's default color I can't help, but if you want to set the building and ship colors in a multiplayer game to the default color, just press control and ~ then type "game.teamcolors 0" (no parenthesis,) you can also type 1 through 3 where the 0 is but I think they all give you the same color. :mrgreen:

Stone

If there's a way of changing the color without going into the DLL's, I'll do it in a heartbeat. Just wasn't really sure if there *was* another way.

Any info would be appreciated...

Tempest Storm

As far as I know, thats the only way to do it in stock assets.

Of course, future MODs may have the ability to select team colors. ;)

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Zjourny disables it for some reason.

FoxBlade

dont forget you need c++ 6.0 (Im pretty sure 6) to edit DLLs.

Red Devil

If you are using 1.3 and you want a little variety in team colors, there's a setting in Gameprefs.ini  found in addon\config:

// Teamcolors for MP games. 0 means off, 1 is team colors on,
// individual teams, 2 is team colors on, teamplay colors (teams 1-5
// the same, 6-10 the same). Use -1 for default (BZ2 1.0-1.2 behavior,
// which is 0 in SP, 1 or 2 in MP). Invalid values treated as -1
TeamplayColors = -1

// If this is true, the Free For All (i.e. non-teamplay) colors will
// be scrambled by each session's server so that there's a little more
// variety in their use. If false, the 1.0-1.2 teamcolor list is used.
ScrambleTeamplayColors = true
What box???

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Does this work for 1.2? I am *sick and tired* of being bloody pink when i am T2. (no i dont have pIII optimisation on...)

technoid

Toggling Bumpmapping may also work switching between light & dark defaults of red/blue.  Has worked for me.

Speedy

> Does this work for 1.2? I am *sick and tired* of being bloody pink when i am T2. (no i dont have pIII optimisation on...)

DarkFox

That spelling is *far* too good to be hemp. ;)

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Stating i dislike pink is different from saying 'pink is crap and anyone who likes it must die'.