• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor bug) Firing while morphing

Started by APCs r evil, May 14, 2004, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

If you pick up a weapon crate morphing either way (combat to assault or assault to combat) you will be able to fire that weapon in combat mode while you're still morping.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I would say that is a minor bug as the scions morph in only 3 seconds now :S.

Still...well spotted!

APCs r evil

I really didn't know whether to call it medium or minor so I just stuck with medium. :mrgreen:

Speedy

May I proceed with quoting the almighty changelog:
Quote- Decreased Scion morph time from 5 seconds to 3.  This more closely
corresponds to the actual morph animation, and makes morphing units
more effective against mixed combat and assault groups.  [Ken]
Note: I do not endorse any religion, including worshiping the "almighty" changelog.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

He is talking about how when you are morphing...and you pick up a crate. You can fire....

...i think...

PhoeniX-FlamE

well - if u pick a power up box of lets say sonic when ur *already* morphed ull have sonic BLAST and not wave in MORPHED mode...
thats how it is in 1.2.. so i think he's talking about that...

APCs r evil

JWK that is exactly what I mean.  Phoenix, in 1.3 you can't pick up weapon crates even shields in assault mode.

PhoeniX-FlamE

oo i just thought about bugs i found out in 1.2 that maybe ppl didnt notice in 1.3... by the discreption of 1st post it seemed like it =)

Spawn

can you see a time when his would be useful?  The only thing i can think of is emp lockdown for speed, but still, you go much faster in combat mode...it would be bigger if you could use assualt weapons in combat mode to take advantage of the extra ammo.

DarkFox

I dunno, gauss fang might be nice.

Angstromicus

Aegeis

Quote from: Total Oblivion OmnisArc Plasma

:s   Well total confusion just set in.  Do you mean Arc Stream or Plasma Stream or some new fangled weapon you just created and haven't shown anyone piccies of yet?

Angstromicus

fangled wep, tho I haven't made it. If I did, it may not do what I want it to do (look on Maps And Mods for my weapons topic).

Spawn

lol, going off topic again :mrgreen:
dont thing Total Oblivion Omnis's new weap/idea has much to do with the morph bug

Zero Angel

Quote from: Jwk the Love MonkeyMay I proceed with quoting the almighty changelog:
Quote- Decreased Scion morph time from 5 seconds to 3.  This more closely
corresponds to the actual morph animation, and makes morphing units
more effective against mixed combat and assault groups.  [Ken]
Note: I do not endorse any religion, including worshiping the "almighty" changelog.

ROFL, i like how you said that. I just knew someone was gonna jump on you for that if you didnt put the disclaimer.  :lol:
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression