• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor question) Recycler still rotates on player axis

Started by Bull Dog, May 19, 2004, 11:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

It doesn't really fool ai, it just forces them to take a longer route.  For example, on MPI Chill, I was able to eliminate the two front ramps leading to the human base, so the ai would only take the small side passage.  This worked quite well at slowing the ai down, but this was done before the ai would switch plans even without the recycler being deployed.  If I said tricked in the previous post, that was bad wording on my part.

Angstromicus

While we're still on the subject of AI, do the ai just stand there in their base stupified, not making anything (Maybe scouts and scavengers), if they're aware of your presence?

technoid

Quote from: Total Oblivion OmnisWhile we're still on the subject of AI, do the ai just stand there in their base stupified, not making anything (Maybe scouts and scavengers), if they're aware of your presence?
If they have any defensive/siege plans in place.

Angstromicus

Quote from: technoid
Quote from: Total Oblivion OmnisWhile we're still on the subject of AI, do the ai just stand there in their base stupified, not making anything (Maybe scouts and scavengers), if they're aware of your presence?
If they have any defensive/siege plans in place.

This problem stuck out like a sore thumb. I'd place a scout behind the enemy base (editor duh), and too far for the scout to engage. The enemy would not engage. Also, another crazy problem. When I played as scion, and I destroyed one of my own units, the enemy would stop attacking, and would show no signs of development in forces.

APCs r evil

Quote from: Total Oblivion OmnisWhen I played as scion, and I destroyed one of my own units, the enemy would stop attacking, and would show no signs of development in forces.

Really? I never noticed this, are you talking about 1.3? BTW way back in 1.0 I noticed that the enemy would either stop building altogether or start overbuilding tanks when I made a Jammer at Alien Dunes, but I don't know if this still happens in 1.2 since by then I had realized that a Jammer is useless, especially against AI.

Bull Dog

It's amazing how things can get off topic....................................................................................................

........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................

.............................................................................Sigh

Angstromicus

it's just a way to get

*spoiler alert*
........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... ...........................................................................................................
CURRENCY!!!

Edit: Oh and, that post was worth 25 points. And, OMG!! THE POST IS ALL MESSED UP! *edits*

Bull Dog

Well lets not exploit it Computer Whiz may not like it.

CmptrWz

That is why there are maximum point values per post, and why admins can say "You spammed too much, lets dock you 1000 points" :p

Bull Dog

OvermindDL1

Heh, very much so.  My posts stay quite short unless they contain useful information, plus since I do not buy anything, eh, just horde em, no other use for me...  Mabye pay people off or something...

Bull Dog

Quote from: OvermindDL1...  Mabye pay people off or something...

Mauhahaahahahahahaha

I can see it now..........................Here's 20000 points to change WHZ's title and regestered user #454 and regestered user #100 .