• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Just a thought on poppers

Started by APCs r evil, April 23, 2004, 01:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

if the jammer stopped paints, that would be to harsh...

however, i think redfield should do it. Is it really hard to make two types of radar jamming?

APCs r evil

Okay I have a question, how can a scout paint a Jammer by radar if a Jammer is supposed to stop radar contact and stuff?

Bull Dog

The scout can paint a jammer because the jammer's jam range is lets say 350m the scout Radar range is 400m.  At 351m to 400m the jammer can't jam the scout's radar. Therefore it is free to paint anything it likes.

Edited to fix Grammer and Spelling

Aegeis

That doesn't make sense.  The jammer is supposedly emitting a field of disruption?  I'm guessing.  If that field extends to 350m like you say then no form of radar should be able to penetrate that field.  Damn I wish I was fixing radars and stuff when I was in the Navy so I can see if that can be true or not or at least have experience to back up my post.

Bull Dog

For starters this is a game not real life.  And the jammers dont jam radar tramissions/pings they jam the the units emmitting the pings.  I'm only stating my understarding of how the jammer workes.

APCs r evil

Bull Dog you sound right but Aegeis and I are thinking about this the same way, which is why I asked in the first place, because it didn't make sense to me.

DarkFox

Bull dog is correct if you're talking about 1.2. This was fixed to make much more sense in 1.3.

Bull Dog

I haven't played with the 1.3 jammer yet I think I'm going to need to though.  Sorry about any confusion I may haved caused

DarkFox

In 1.3 it effectively creates a circle on the battlefield, through which no 'targetting lines' can go through. Draw a line from you to your target. If any part of the jammer's field lies anywhere on this line, then the targetting will be prevented.

technoid

Quote from: AegeisDamn I wish I was fixing radars and stuff when I was in the Navy so I can see if that can be true or not or at least have experience to back up my post.
Ask Gary. I think he did naval communications.  :)

Spawn

shouldnt we all get the more important point of how exactly your ships hover and are made of living metal (if i were biometal i would eat whoever tried to pilot me :D ) instead of talking about how the friggin jammer actually works?  And couldnt there be a way for tanks to figure out the angle needed to mortar things, but that would make things too easy, wouldnt it?