• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Engine sounds

Started by stinky, June 20, 2004, 06:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinky

I have noticed that when a hovering ship is unpiloted, the speed of the engine sound increases as it falls to the ground, which is the complete opposite of the effect in 1.2 (pitch of engine sound drops when unpiloted). To me it doesn't really make sense, in order for the ship to fall to the ground, the engine providing the force to keep the ship off the ground should slow down (since that force is no longer needed) when the ship needs to be lowered onto the ground.

Is this just an effect of 1.3's new sound system settings?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Well spoted. Yes there seem to be many things about the games sound affects that are not as good as before. I personally dont really notice the fact that they are now properly 3D. Then again i listen though head-phones mostly.

Another thing is that the doppler sound affect, although too substantial in 1.2, seems to have been dropped a bit too much in 1.3. Its now barely noticeable, which is unfortunate.

Keep the checks on the new sound system comming in then.