• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

pilots and there effectivness??

Started by EndarkenD, June 20, 2004, 05:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aegeis

Pilots can not hurt anything that has heavy armor.  I think they damage everything else though, just like FB pointed out.

DarkFox

Indeed, pilot weapons are very powerful considering you fire them after using your ship's weapons, and considering you're such a small target. The only problem with pilots is their low ammo, and considering their high ammo regeneration, I'd say they're fine.

In strat games, a single sniper on the repair bay can completely change another team's strategy, and pilots with bazookas can easily do their share of damage. It was only a few day's ago when I destroyed a spike solely with a pilot bazooka, then went on to destroy a Xerrakis, doing massive collateral damage to their base.
Pilot weapons are fine, they don't need changing from their 1.2 values really, besides perhaps price. The FE values are good, but hadeans need their own pilot weapons.

Tempest Storm

There is...mostly. :)

In the FE PAK there is a pretty good Sniper Rifle weapon thats basicly a straightfoward sniper just like the rest of them. (It has a cool energy cloud type effect too when it hits a ship)

There is also a Bazooka the Hadean "maniacs" use in the 3-Way IA maps.

The only thing remaining is a weapon for that Laser Gun the Hadeans have. :)

Commando

I think it would be cool if the Hadean's had their own weapons.  They just don't seem complete without them, especially when you compare them to the Scions or ISDF.  I don't see them not having a Panel in their base buildings the same way though because of the units built.  They are built with special prebuilt configurations that are good for certain jobs.  Aren't their crates too, which makes up for the lack of panels too?  The only area the Hadeans are lacking in are with the pilot weapons.  Hopefully this will be address with FE 1.3, if it is started.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Yes, at the moment the hadeans start off with Scion Guns in strat games (?!). I think the weapons are there, its just that 1.2 bugginess didnt allow thme to be activated.

Tempest Storm

I think it was more of a case of it being scrapped so it could fit into the already long timeframe of FE's development.

NoK0mm3nt

Mines on pilots aren't really that useful. Its was in the Special Ops mod, but no-one but me used them.

Tempest Storm

You mean you got mines to work against pilots? Please share your secrets! :D

Fishbone

yes, I want the secret to use mines on pilots!

oh, and Tempest you are wrong regarding Hadean pilot weapons. Lizard did make them but because of the sniper scope bug we didnt include them in the release. I personally dont have those assets (would have to double check that) but maybe Slaor has?

Commando

That is cool that the pilot weapons were made.  Hopefully Slaor has copies of them.  Lizard hasn't been around in a while, and I don't know if he would be willing to release them due to his disgust with the community.  I personally understand his decision if he chooses to do this.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Well it was not the FE'ers who he might have problems with.

Commando

Who knows.  He may feel helping the FEers would also be helping those that he is disgusted at.  I haven't heard from lizard since he canceled FleshStorm so I have no idea what is going on personally.

technoid

Quote from: CommandoWho knows.  He may feel helping the FEers would also be helping those that he is disgusted at.  I haven't heard from lizard since he canceled FleshStorm so I have no idea what is going on personally.
I recently went to Liz's site, several weeks ago.  Looks like all the links are dead.  Haven't checked lately.

NoK0mm3nt

Links are still dead.

@ Fish.

Here are some hints

1) By DLL, create a small invisible minelaying ship(can't be killed) exactly where line gets layed. Set the ships engage range the same as the mines activation range, maybe a 1m longer.

2) When the ship lays its mine, delete the ship, replace the mine with another small invisible static ship, on team 14. This will trigger the mine. That lil ship will have 1 health, so when mine explodes or expires it will be destroyed.

3) Mine triggers like normal when ships are around the mine triggers like normal. When a pilot comes around, the 1st little ship drops a mine, which gets changed to a 2nd ship which trips the mine.

To make sure the first ship always go, delete it when the main mine is dead.

Make sure you do all the needed safety checks.

Sounds harder then it is...