• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Constructive Focus

Started by IceWendigo, August 04, 2004, 02:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceWendigo

I fear that numerous minor issues and 'would like's could clog or cloak a limited number of very vital issues to make 1.3 functional.

In light of the valued and limited nature of any eventual dev work on 1.3, i suggest

I- A FOCUSED FOR DEV LIST (description without opinions nor chatter)
focusing on comming up with a SHORT list of MAJOR issues, (ex: top 10 list) that is;
a) major bugs (major impact and frequent)
b) 1.3 features that although already accessible to players do not work.
c) hardcoded aspects that cannot be fixed nor tweaked by modders
for DEVs, in a very cartesian summary format that simply describes the issue period.

II-FOR MOD DISCUSSIONS
This being done, we can discuss seperatly about aspects that the community can acheive in some sort of  1.3 Default Mod. By this I mean no new units, or anything fancy, just basic unit balancing and other fixes/improvements that can be performed by modders in files familiar to modders, so that we can play on a common improved version of the 1.3 (or existing 1.3Beta).
Other personal MOD projects could take this default Mod as a stepping stone, as if it were the original 1.3 and go from there...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

So you want me to edit my sticky thread?

sounds good, pm me about it.

Zero Angel

Thats a good idea, but the 'issues' that are to be presented will have to be pre-discussed to figure out which ones are worth presenting. Then we can lay out a topic for that.

Ie: All the modders bugs WERE discussed on Timedisruptor, then were presented here by Slaor and TV, but all of the sudden a bunch of newbie-modders spammed up THAT topic with a bunch of crazy requests that are not viable and not what people who are actually spending much of their days working on a MOD project want.

The focused major bug list was presented by Jwk, he got some good ones, though I dont agree with all of them, he did it right.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I also thought up the "(minor/Medium/MAJOR :subject) description " system. with the intention of making the lives of the Dev's easier.

thing is, i never got around to *properly* doing the sticky thread due to....bzii's...politics. Don't you just love it.

Anyway, zero, you pm about what you would like to seendone to the sticky thread and we can disscuss it like gentlemen :P

Zero Angel

Lets take it outside then, beeyotch  :lol:
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Who are you calling "beeyotch" and then laughing zero! you...you...
*waves finger in disaproving manner*
:-D

Saloei

anyone play doom3?
the textures in this game look like the textures used for the intorduction to Battlezone1.
Battlezone will forever be my number1.

ManaKnight

You've lost me completely... :oops: