• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

pilots and there effectivness??

Started by EndarkenD, June 20, 2004, 05:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EndarkenD

As a pilot with the standard gun you chicken feed. 1 bullet from a scout and your history and you cant fight back unless you have a sniper rifel. point being is that shouldne you be able to dammage things with the punny plasma rifel. maybee it should do 3 times the dammage to a scout or enemy vessal depending on the armour.

why give a pilot a gun that barly scratches anything. if your able to empty a round of ammo into a scout it should really go boom? just my 2 cents.

Tempest Storm

Well, what happens in real life if you shoot at a tank with an assault rifle or some other time of small arms weapon? Pilot's Rifles are effective against other pilots, simple as that. If you want to do damage to stuff as a pilot, then get yourself a Bazooka from the Armory.

Red Devil

I've finished off bunches of units while floating down on them.  They gotta be in low red of course though.
What box???

Commando

I usually snipe units when I'm close to the ground, especially when I know where the sniping spot is on the ship.  I am fairly effective at sniping scouts and tanks without the scope.

PhoeniX-FlamE

sniper is one of the most useful weapons ingame... espicely combined with a pilot on the service bay

more to add - i think bazoka is 2 weak on scouts / tanks

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

This will be addressed in FE, assuming the Hadean Weapons will work with the new code.

What are the details of the new abilties to modify piolet weapons?

Tempest Storm

There are none, thats because there were never pilot weapon restictions in the first place as far as I knew. :/

The only problems I encountered with the Hadean pilots is that the HP for where the weapon spawns on the pilot is in the wrong place, and the cockpit model of the Sniper Rifle doesn't show up. Everything else is good though.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Can those be corrected in 1.3 / FE rev.d?

EndarkenD

Tempest could i just remind you that not all veichels in BZ2 are tanks and all have diffrent armour, also in real life pilots can pick up a rckt launcher and kill a tank in 3 hits or so vs a tank getting hit 3 times from another tank, also there could be pilot pmp mines for tanks and i mean tanks not hover vechiels.

the plasma rifel should do dmg to scts ect but not to a titan and a walker ect.

i doubt a hover tank could be very well armourd considering the weight restrictions.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

A mine ey...that an interesting idea...

Tempest Storm

Hemp: Of course it can...just needs some XSI editing. Don't know whats wrong with the Sniper Rifle though.

End:

"Tempest could i just remind you that not all veichels in BZ2 are tanks and all have diffrent armour"

While thats true, Most of the lightly armored crafts in the game are hovertanks, while they obviously don't have the amount of armor on say an Assault Tank, they still have armor on them.

Scouts have "N" class armor which reacts to weaponry the same way a Pilot's suit does. So IMO I think that its fair enough for simple scouts and such to be able to be killed by pulse rifles, and they can, they just need to be low on hull strength to get a kill out of it.

"also in real life pilots can pick up a rckt launcher and kill a tank in 3 hits or so vs a tank getting hit 3 times from another tank, also there could be pilot pmp mines for tanks and i mean tanks not hover vechiels."

Of course I am aware of the Rocket Launchers that exist...thats why I mentioned it in my post. :)

As mentioned, I don't have anything truely different to say. If you want to damage I tank, then you can with your rifle, but you won't see much of a difference unless they are lightly armored, if you want to take on heavy armor, grab a Bazooka from your Armory. You only need a Tech Center. ;) (Personally I think it should be Training Facility, but thats just my preference)

Commando

Quote(Personally I think it should be Training Facility, but thats just my preference)

You found that odd too, Tempest?  I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

i agree. And the hadeans should get weapons with the belivers vat. not so sure about scions though. They do have auesom hand weapons.

Red Devil

I killed a Lancer with just my pulse about 2 weeks go.  Had to dodge those stingers like crazy for about 5 minutes, but I finally wore him down (and me out).

Also, a lot can be accomplished by just plinking a unit with which your wingman is in a df.  Often enough, you can distract an ai unit so that it retargets on you and your damaged tm can come back in to finish him off.  You keep him from polishing off your pool, your tm gets to keep his ship,  you've got more loose, and it costs the other guy time and scrap. Just for plinking.  Sometimes even just plinking is enough to polish him off.
What box???

FoxBlade

Quote from: EndarkenDthe plasma rifel should do dmg to scts ect but not to a titan and a walker ect.

thats EXACTLY how it damages.......