• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Unimportant Suggestion) MDM

Started by APCs r evil, June 25, 2004, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

Am I the only person who thinks that MDM is available too early? It only takes 185 scrap for ISDF to reach MDM, and for Scions to get an effective defense(Sonic) it costs 300 scrap,(note the scrap costs included constructors and didn't include units or non-essential buildings to reach those weapons, oh I also didn't count the cost it would take to make those weapons or a ship to use them) anyway it takes MDM about seventeen and a half seconds to destroy a Spire from a range of about 310m(bounce range estimated in), I think MDM should be moved up in the tech tree so it would require the Training Facility instead of just the Armory. I'm sure Dark Fox has something to say about this, considering how much he knows about stuff like this. :mrgreen:

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

mdm is powerful, yes...but you cannot hit buildings with it, only 'active' units...and it disables weapon switching....and it also is a racial trait.

I think it is fine the way it is.

DarkFox

Indeed, MDM isn't too bad once a scion player gets the hang of fighting it. A well-placed service bay with a sniper sitting on it is an effective anti-mortar defense in the mid game, and in the late game, you've got sonic.

When scions snipe a sabre, they get a *very* powerful unit with long-range, an ability that fills the main scion weakness in BZ2 (the lack of long range). With sonic, as you've realised, it's not hard to defend against MDMs.