• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Minor Bug) Building Graphics

Started by NukeDaddy, June 28, 2004, 11:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NukeDaddy

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen in 1.2.

When I am far awy from a building, say, the Factory, the back wall will look smooth - no door.  Then, when I am within about 50 feet, the resolution of the building suddenly clicks on and the door appears.  Sure detracts from any realizm the game had to start with.

Angstromicus

That usually has to do with your graphics settings, and no, the same thing happened in 1.2.

Red Devil

That's from the Level of Detail (LOD) section in the ODF for that building.
What box???

There's an entire section in the changelog about the "automatic settins" feature in 1.3.  You can tweak it in gameprefs.ini to match your system's capabilities, but the intent is to keep the 'extras' from bogging down your system and hampering MP play.

-Av-

NukeDaddy

Thanks Avatar, I'll check that out.

And Total O.:  it didn't happen in MY 1.2.

Tempest Storm

It depends on your objects setting in the graphics options menu. The lower the setting, the more LOD models you will see.

As Av mentioned, 1.3 has the automatic graphics changer built in MP to keep FPS rates as high as they can be in MP games. The auto changer probably changed your object detail level to low and you started seeing alot of the LOD models.

PhoeniX-FlamE

yep

try changing ur gfx to low in MP (the details) and ull see the same

Commando

They are all correct about the bz2 graphic adjuster in multiplayer.  The main reason it was added was due to bz2's problems with low framerates in multiplayer.  When someone's fps drops below 10 in a multiplayer game, the game starts resyncing for everyone.  The graphics adjuster is designed to eliminate that the best it can.  If the fps is low with all low graphic settings, nothing can really be done.  I personally wouldn't mind seeing a server side option that sets a min fps, similar to the max ping.  If the fps drops below the specified number, the guilty joiner would be booted.  It should be turned off by default, but the option being there would be great.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

It would have to be if one is *consistantly* below 10 FPS, otherwise it would be rather harsh.