• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Delpoying turrets in mid air

Started by NoK0mm3nt, June 23, 2004, 03:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BioToxin69

In Pre-BZ2 discussion, I suggested the turrets be able to attach/deploy to any land surface, in other words it could attach to the side of a hill or the top of a tunnel, hanging upside down.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I think turrets do aline themselves to surfaces now, although making them deploy at any angle that is 'upside down' would be rather difficult.

BioToxin69

Hmmm, I haven't tried to deploy one sideways in 1.3.
Think I will.  :-o

Spawn

you could build the turret so it goes to ground/terrain, so if you were in a tunnle the turret would go up, but it still doesnt make much sense why that would happen

Angstromicus

I've seen turrets deployed on the service bay, and they do bounce a little. I seen them deploy successfully on the recyclear, tho that might've been in 1.3. I'll play around a little.

PhoeniX-FlamE

lol TOO, let me find my thread at bac for ya... ull see what i mean ON buildings...

aha, there it is... on 1.3 i could've deployed each and everyone of them - with AI pilots!

http://www.bac-clan.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=7;hardset=1000;start_point=225

APCs r evil

Why did you shoot the one in the Relay Bunker?

PhoeniX-FlamE

i wanted to see if its hitable  :D

Angstromicus

I Tried deploying on pools, bays, recyclears, tunnels, and bridges, even an ice rhino :D.

The ABSOLUTE WORST BUILDING TO DEPLOY ON was the "big building" on bane, the one that looks like the HUGE version of the cerberi factory. I mean I sank, and sank, and sank, until I hit the invisible ground in which the building sat on.

I deployed in tunnels, and I didn't sink through. I deployed on terrain models, and I wouldn't sink through unless I was on an overhang, in which I would sink until I hit rock bottom, of the model. When I erased the model, the terrain it sat on would be changed to fit its shape as good as possible. That lead me to the conclusion of: turrets only attatch to terrain, or any surface below it... if there is one.

Another bug, if you deploy a turret on REALLY STEEP terrain, you'll sink through it  :-), and never stop, unless you hit a tunnel on the way down, though perhaps, a water layer that damages stuff would stop you.