• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Multiplayer Server Problem

Started by Jetfire, July 03, 2004, 01:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetfire

Hi, i can't seem to get on any multiplayer servers on 1.3 or and mode

I installed the 1.3 on  a fresh bz2 folder, but when I go to multi, all the servers have the 'V' thing and I get the Connection Timeout everytime I  try to connect.

This happens with FE and 1.2 also
can anyone help me?

APCs r evil

Those V's show up when you are running a different game version than whoever the host of the V'ed game is, odds are most of the V's are on 1.2 just like FE is, you can't connect to a game with a V next to it. You should make a seperate install of BZ2 so you can play 1.2, 1.3 and FE.

Jetfire

Oh ok, thanks I get it now.  :-D

Spacecomber

With 1.3 installed and starting up multiplayer from there, you can see what version of BZ2 those "v" games are using.  From the multiplayer menu, whic shows you that list of games, click on the game you are wondering about.  In the box that shows information about the map being played, you'll also see that it says what version of BZ2 is being played (eg, 1.01, 1.2, 1.3pb).

Most of these game will be 1.2 (which includes Forgotten Enemies).  There are a few 1.01 strat or DM games going, and sometimes a 1.3 game, which most often is a multiplayer instant action game, such as Natty's G66 MPI.  You can find information about his maps in the G66 forum, below.

As has been pointed out, you'll need to have multiple installs of BZ2, placed into their own directories, in order to run the different versions of the game.  They are not compatible with each other.