• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

verison problem

Started by Jetfire, July 04, 2004, 08:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetfire

Hi, there are a lot of servers running a version called  GS Version 1.10b13

I have the 1.3 installed from this forum, but I can't seem to access the GS Version 1.10b13 servers.

Can anyone help me?

Bull

You will only be able to join servers running the same version of BZ2 that you're running. Running 1.3 will only allow you to join 1.3 servers, etc.

The solution is to have multiple installations of bz2.(1.1,1.2,1.3) or any of the mods,and then switch to the appropriate version to join one of those servers.

Spacecomber

There are basically three patches available for BZ2.  The 1.10 patch is the official patch that came out soon after the game was released.  (I think that I mistakenly refered to this as the 1.01 version, previously.)  This use to be made available on Activision's support page for the game.  The next patch was the 1.2 patch, which was released as the "official beta patch".  The was available through Pandemic (the developer's) website, but not actively supported by Activision.  The 1.3 patch is another beta patch, though it is still under some developement.

As was explained in the other thread on this topic, you will need three separate installations of BZ2, each with one of these patches applied, in order to be able to access all these different game versions.  They are not compatible with each other, though you can see these different versions, if you have your game configured to allow this.

Sometimes, you'll even see a version of the game with no patches applied.  I can't recall what version number this shows up with, maybe it was 1.01.

Angstromicus

There are 4 released versions of battlezone2 that I know of.

1.10 b13 (This one is on bzscrap, I saw a b10, but that was probably a beta test version).

1.3pb