• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is there a 1.3 Beta Release 2 being worked on??

Started by tarquin1048, July 05, 2004, 10:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarquin1048

What is the state of a possible Beta 2 patch 1.3 being worked on? I know these take time as all you programmers and modders do this in your own time (by the way I thank you all for all your time) but I heard whispers back along that there might be another release once all the feedback was posted.

Commando

There is a newer version being worked on.  Several testers, including myself, are testing it every once in a while.  I haven't heard from the main programmers in a while, so I have no idea what is going on.  I think the programmers are busy at Pandemic.  GSH stated not long ago that he was working 12 hour days to get a game finished, which would take up his time that he spends working on bz2.  Hopefully we'll get some information after that game is released.

This is typically:

1.  A very quiet time online as people enjoy the summer.  Also, many many many online players are students that lose their broadband while home for the summer, and can't bring themselves to play on dialup...  ;)

2.  A very busy time for developers as they have to get ready for Fall gaming shows, Christmas buying season, and are usually already behind due to optimistic development schedules set by the publisher...

-Av-

Tempest Storm

Commando and Av are right, there will probably more progress on 1.3, but not now. Both Nathan Mates and Ken Miller are currently working to finish their current title, Starwars: Battlefront, which is due out this Sept.

Obviously with the addition of having to finish a game its no doubt that their work time is completely hectic and their free time is very short, they should be back and 1.3 should be getting worked on again when they return. :)

Commando

Starwars: Battlefront looks like a cool game based on what I saw.  I'm definately going to purchase it, mainly to support Ken and GSH for their work on bz2.  If I like it, that is an added bonus.

Tempest Storm

Yes, it should be a great game...what sounds bad about BF1942 style Starwars complete with loads of lovely vehicles, NPCs, and Soldiers out of 4 different factions. :D

Not to mention of course the supposed modability to come with the game, atleast as far as I know. (According to Ken this engine still uses good old ODFs and CFGs. ;))

If you look at one of the Developer Diarys you will notice a screenshot of a map editor that looks strangely familiar too. ;) (With some cool looking new features as well)

Commando

That would be awesome if a bz2 mod was made for that game.  If it uses odfs and cfgs, it should be somewhat possible.

Zero Angel

Awesome. I played the other starwars game for the X-Box and it didnt impress the pants off me, probably because its more of a deathmatchy console game. But if they're making a PC game BF'42 style, I bet you could mod the heck out of that. I wonder if BZ2 ODFs would work in it.

Enable edit onnnn :D
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

The main question is what model format does the game support.  If it doesn't support the xsi version bz2 uses, the models would have to be converted to another format.  Does it even support xsi at all?

Tempest Storm

I'm gonna start this into a new thread into OT forum since it really doesn't belong here. ;)

GSH

Well, given the outright lies about my involvement and knowledge of BZ2 design & development by people who should have known better, the inducement to return after this project is over is considerably less.

This community has made its bed, maybe it's time for it to lie in it. Forever.

-- GSH

Juvat

GSH is the 1.3 patch we have at the moment all we gonna have, or are you going to release what you have done so far and call it quits

Cheers

[Edit] spelling mistake

Angstromicus

If perhaps we were limited to playing the latest released versions of publicly relased bz2 patches online, (as is on lots of games), there would be lots of 1.3pb games, and testers and developers would likely have more pride in developing the 1.3 patch, and perhaps, a 1.4 patch. I see 1.0 games played more often than 1.3pb games.

Zero Angel

That's because 1.0/1.1 is the version that came with the game.

Those games with the forced upgrades had that system planned and build in at the start, Battlezone II doesnt. Besides 1.3 is a beta patch, and there is a bug in the netcode that might discourage a lot of people. It has already been squashed in the priv beta from what I heard.

Quotethere would be lots of 1.3pb games, and testers and developers would likely have more pride in developing the 1.3 patch, and perhaps, a 1.4 patch
Highly doubtful, dealing w/ this community/working/and working on 1.3 has probably burnt out GSH, so I doubt a thousand players a day would convince him to continue. Nothing we can do to turn back time.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

QuoteThis community has made its bed, maybe it's time for it to lie in it. Forever.

You win my award for the worst PR i have ever seen. It is just....just not *proffesional* to treat people like dirt, and then blame them when they get angry and make up excuses such as 'being blunt' or what not. But never mind details like that, I am one of those 'Vets' (que : spiting? yes? no?)
:lol: