• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Minor Mod Bug) Other Race Bombers playing upsidasey

Started by Sonic, July 04, 2004, 12:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest Storm

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Did they play that annoying sound? I think not.

Also, wasnt some change made to the way the game deals with deploying units?

Commando

Hemp, it wasn't audible in 1.2 because 1.2 wouldn't play more than 8 sound channels.  Now that the max is 64, more sounds can play at once.  This is why all of the buildings now have ambient sounds that play.

Zero Angel

Hemp, you almost sound as if you're whining about how 1.3 deals with deploying units instead of actually trying to find a way to fix it or be helpful in some way. All you have to do is[DeployableClass]
soundDeploy = "blank.wav"
soundUndeploy = "blank.wav"

That is, if you have a blank wave file.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

i am not 'whining' i am asking questions, and point out how damned annoying that sound is. If i did not point it out, the less likly it would be fixed in the final release. If all that is required is a minor change in odf then fine, as long as the change gets made.

Tempest Storm

I haven't seen one question mark yet in your posts bothering about the sound. ;)

And you failed to point out much other than that this annoys you. Not to mention the fact that you're pointing this out in a thread that has nothing to do with the sounds a bomber makes, perhaps you should make a new thread on this?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

My posts had loads of question marks :P

But anyway, fair enough point

Tempest Storm

Only two in this thread, and thats where it counts in this case. :D

Either way, Maybe the sounds take the takeoff and landing of the Aircraft Class version of the Gnat could be used, they have an OK type of aircraft feel to them.