• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FIXME: tracked physics going bzerc

Started by Commando, July 07, 2004, 08:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

FIXME: tracked physics going bzerc line 650 (  1.#R from  1.#R  1.#R  1.#R)

I know this has been posted by myself and others in the past.  Who has personally run into this error?  I'm just curious about who ran into it to see how big of a deal it is.  

I know from experience, that when this bug occurs, you must either restart a mission or restart bz2 completely.  If the bug is allowed to run its course, it will lock up bz2.  With some help from Red Devil, I have been able to reproduce it so hopefully it will get looked at.

My guess from past experience is that this is caused by a divide by zero error.  The same thing happened when the pathing code would run into a divide by zero error.  The player was instantly sent into a relay bunker type view until the player shut down bz2.

BZZERKER

I've run into it about 4-5 times. I was only able to get a save once though and that wasn't usable. Haven't had once since.