• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Access Violation and some other less serious problems

Started by DTMK, July 27, 2004, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTMK

I seem to always have some sort of Access Violation after about 20 minutes in an MPI game with 2 players.

The latest one I had was while I was watching (through the relay bunker) the other player on top of a plateau. He was just a pilot and I sent him rockets with my armory. The moment he picked up the rocket, I crashed and it gave me the access violation. The other player was able to continue until I closed the access violation window.

Here's basically what it said (it was on another computer, so I jotted this down):

Access Violation Reading from 410000C4h
bzone.exe graphics2 anim.obj public: void_thiscall Animation:: SetFrame(float, class Array <class AnimKey, 0> &)

I have not been able to complete an MPI yet with the new patch.

I have also noticed a couple of other problems:
When another player moves a turret, it seems to spin around in circles on my screen.

Shadows seem to have problems: sometimes a shadow is not on the ground, part or all of it floats beside the object, in the shape of the object.

Graphics settings keep changing themselves. For example, my resolution  increases nearly every time I start the game above the 1024 x 768 x 32 that I set it to.

And lastly, sometimes constructors don't build what I tell them to when I use the mouse click in the relay bunker. When I go back into the build menu, what I told it to build it usually highlighted. It works fine when I use the keyboard though.

I just hope that you will be able to fix some of these problems in the final release, especially the access violations.

I will continue to post the different access violations I get if you want me to. Sometimes I get them in other modes, but mostly in MPI.

Keep up the great work, and thanks.

BZZERKER

If you haven't played a game since your last AV go to your BZ2 folder and find the "BATTLEZONE.log" file. Open it with notepad and copy/paste (or write down) from where is says [ E X C E P T I O N ] and post it here. Everything past that point is the info we need to see what's going on.