• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MAJOR bug: Flying/landing bug.

Started by Angstromicus, August 16, 2004, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

In 1.3, I've experienced problems with landing a craft, and flying an aircraft. I'll begin to speed up slowly, in the direction that the underbelly of my aircraft is pointing, and I'll keep speeding up, increasing in an exponentail rate, I'd say [My Speed]^(2 + (3 more powers every second).

Same thing happens with flying, only my underbelly can face ANY direction, even the sky, even over the lip of the map, and the equation would be [My Speed]^(4 + (7 more powers every second), and this bug happens after I "land. The equations may be a BIG understatement, because I'm traveling faster than 1e6 within 4 seconds.

Aegeis

I thought they said they don't care what problems are in aircraft ai.  They aren't gonna fix them...

Angstromicus

Quote from: AegeisI thought they said they don't care what problems are in aircraft ai.  They aren't gonna fix them...

You're exactly right Aegeis, but, assuming that you point is that they won't fix this bug, you'd be wrong in that case.

Maybe ken/nathan will fix this problem, because it isn't an AI problem.

BZZERKER

I could be wrong but, I thought they had no interest in getting the AirCraft Class working right any further than they have.  :|

OvermindDL1

The aircraft class is not even supposed to be in, ergo they will not work on it.

Angstromicus

Spawn

to add to aircraft bugs, there is the flying underwater thing, and the deloy trick.

the deploy trick is a HUGE problem, for, if dont right, will ALWAYS give you the completely off map av, regardless of borders (doing a million damage per second).  Just make plane with underbelly facion horizon or higher.  I think that should be fixed at least, to eliminate the AV.

Tempest Storm

Why don't you just be happy you actually have an aircraft type physics mdoel in the game, rather than none at all.

Angstromicus

Well there's always the negative hovering height bug I guess.

SkyNET

Negative hovering? So you float through the ground?

Angstromicus

No, it makes you not ever lose altitude unless you use your thrusters to get down (I think).