• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.2 sound bug, is it fixed?

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, October 09, 2004, 05:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I know iknow...'read the change log'...but i am not sure if this has been fixed or not.

I have just made a new redfield and i have given it a 'active' sound, its a really cool background noise...but...

If i activated it, and then leave the ship, the sound continues to play really loudly.

If i destroy the ship i hopped out, the sound stops, if i hop back in it and turn the redfield off...the sound stops.

Is this bug (the sound remaining 'on' when i leave the ship till its destroyed or turned off) fixed? Or should I do more.....this redfield is preparitary work for rev.d so its going to be used in 1.3.

spirit156!!

i dont know but the sound from red field comes from the ship itself doesnt it?

Spawn

yeah, the redfeild is still on in the ship, thats why you still hear it.  Try something more visable, like a vir active sound.  If you walk away and it keeps going at full power, thats bad.  But its funnt attacking with a bunch of ai vir sabres...

Fishbone

Did you test it in the bz2edit.exe or bzone.exe?
make sure to try it in the engine, and not the editor.
the sound system of the editor is screwed up in the public beta.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

i didnt make it clear, the 'active sound' is on when i leave the ship....despite distance from it.

Spawn

just another bz2 sound error, there are many like it.  Like hearing a battle at the other end of your base...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

yes i know its an error, what i want to know is if it is fixable in 1.3?

Commando

I'll bring it to GSH's attention since he probably rarely checks this section of the forums.

Hemp, I sent a save game demonstrating the bug to GSH.  If you find any bugs that need fixing, make a save game and submit them.  If you read the changelog, you will see a lot of the bugs have been fixed as a result of me or some other sending in save games that can be used to quickly point out a bug or crash.  Take advantage of the save game feature, if you find any bugs.  Then submit them.

Zero Angel

Hey Commando, do you know of any way to reliably save single player 'multiplayer' games?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

There aren't any ways to save multiplayer games, but if a bug occurs in single player, like many of the bugs do, the bug can be saved.  I sent a save game to GSH demonstrating the Red Field so hopefully it will get addressed.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Much appricated, chears. It might also occour with phantom, havn't checked.

Commando

I thought you would like to know this is now fixed.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

:-D

Excellent.  I won't have to change my weapon.