• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How do you turn of the CD (bz2) music when playing a game?

Started by Mother's Helper, October 24, 2004, 07:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mother's Helper

Hello all -

I adjusted all my sound perams in BZII to keep the music fairly low when playing a game, and that seems to be OK, but I cannot seem to stop the CD itself from spinning along and playing music.
I know it is the CD that is playing the music and not the game, because when I open up my CD/RW ROM, to remove the CD, the music stops.

I launch the 1.3 version of BZII from my desktop, with the BZII CD in the CD/ROM.  I assume I need that CD in there to play the game, but perhaps I do not.  Any clues, people?

Thanks -
Mother's Helper

PS  It is still amazing to me how many people are still playing the stock 1.2 version of the game.  It's like they are all asleep (lol).

Marksman

Well, as you noted, you could just eject the CD to stop the music.

1.2 requires the CD to startup, but you can get a patch to remove that requirement. The 1.3 beta has the no-CD patch already in it, so you don't really need the CD in to start the game.

You could just put your CD safely away and run on 1.3 or 1.2+NO-CD patch.
(I thought it would be on BZScrap, but with a quick l scan I didn't see it. Any links?)

Mother's Helper

OK guy -

I'll guess I will just give it a try (removing the CD), and you said I don't need it so, that solves the problem.

Mother's Helper

Tempest Storm

Doesn't 1.3 ave an option in the sound option menu to turn off game music?

Commando

It does.  Under sound, there is an option for CD Music.

Bull Dog

Hey M.H. you need to get on MSN more often I have been trying to get ahold of you for weeks now.