• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TeamColors update for version 1.3

Started by Zero Angel, October 20, 2004, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

If zero doesn't mind, i shall do a pack for the ISDF and Scions if you like. I always thought the yellow bits of the scion determined what team they were heh. But to really do the job properly we need to have those buildings done.

Perhaps it might be an idea to make default coloured tanks (i.e. with no colour at all) Pale grey. And then change the dlls for all the single player maps so that you had 'team orange'. With the alpha channles done properly you could get some very good looking tanks up and running. You could also take more advantage of the alpha channles ability to not jsut be jet black/white but grey as well.

If that course was taken (and it might be easier to impliment if jpegs are used for everything) then I would be able to do a really good job. Possiably even totally removing the 'layer on top' affect/look of the current tanks.

Same thing with scion, the default mode would be come pale grey for the 'coloured' bits. And the default colour for the other team would be yellow. Giving the same apperence, but much more flexabilty for skin makers, not to mention better looks...

What do you lot say?

I personally think the dlls should be replaced for the mpi and single player anyway. With the stuff TV and Fishbone have been pumping out latly, one could really take advantage of some new tricks.

Zero Angel

Sure, feel free to use my skins in your skin pack and release it if you like.

BZ2 wouldve done better to use 32-bit textures as the normal textures where transparency gives way to a team colored underlay.

JPEGs dont support transparancy and introduces artifacts into images/textures (they can become noticable at close range).
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

only if you keep the quality low i think.

Anyhow, my point wasnt a 'theory' of what 'could be'. The suggestion i made is full feasble right now.

My question is weather or not we should go straight ahead and do it. It would require a bit of effort mind.