• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Bug/Suggestion) Tugs

Started by APCs r evil, November 13, 2004, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

First the bug, when you order a Tug or Hauler to pick something up they go over to it normally, but when they try to pick it up they just wave their ass at it for five minutes before they actually pick the thing up. And sometimes when they actually do pick the thing up they fling it into the air and out of it's tug area thing.. I have a few screenshots of a Rocket Tank over 1000m in the air because of a Tug flinging it up there.

Now the suggestion, make a canTug flag, that way modders can make certain units untuggable (Pilots for example.. ask Spawn why.) and vice versa.

P.S. I also have screenshots of Spawn in a starting Guardian being pulled around by a Hauler, while deployed and able to fire. I think he did that by telling the Hauler to pick up the Guardian while it was undeployed then deploying it himself when the Hauler had it picked up.

Spawn

yeah, the turret bug is just like what apc said.  also happens with archer, and also, kinda odd, turret will be on ground, even if tug is much higher (water)  also, get a tug to pick you up, then push it with sonic.  Really odd, you can get a tug 3km off map and you reach a speed such that you ram into terrain and explode.

as for your cantug,  the only reason you can tug an allied pilot is you can point recticle at an allied human player, even if they are a pilot.

APCs r evil

Well that's one use, but I was thinking about tugging turret type things and other stuff. It would also give modders control over what can be tugged and what can't.

PhoeniX-FlamE

technoid

Quote from: SpawnReally odd, you can get a tug 3km off map and you reach a speed such that you ram into terrain and explode.
Sounds like a new weapon...  "Slingshot"    :D

I've used a Tug in early 1.3 to get Rocket Tanks on top of the central terrain bumps on River that way.  Just tell it to pick up the RT by a bump, then turn around so that its butt is up against the terrain.  The result is one 'Airlifted' RT.

Remember, in 1.0 they just sortof dragged whatever they picked up.  They couldn't be used to take units across water...

Actually, I'd have loved to have some sort of 'Sikorsky' type tug that is a cross between APC and Tug.  Have it pick something up and be able to drop it off on a mountain top...  :)   (iow, a working Dropship class)

-Av-

Spawn

you could probablly do it with ofd trickory, but that might be slightly overpowered.  A flying serviced assualt... :lol: