• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Iceberg for Team Strategy???

Started by Wingflier, November 19, 2004, 05:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingflier

Just out of curiousity, is there any particular reason that Iceberg is not a map selection for team strategy?

I think it would be a great map for team strat.

Does anybody know how I could make it a team strat map??

You wouldn't think it would be hard...just set 2 starting locations and take out the MPI...

1.3 people I'm talking to YOU.  Maybe in the next patch you could add iceberg as a team strat map.
Once again this is up to you.

1.3 Rocks!!

Adam
:)

SkyNET

Team strat is awesome. If iceberg would be a team strat map, it would need to have larger base areas though.

PhoeniX-FlamE

I think because the map is 1 sided --> 1 side is better then other, havnt realy checked it though so I'm not sure

Spawn

it only has 5 pools, the best way to test for balance is to switch bases, besides that i dunno.

Why on Earth do so many people like the smaller maps?  Iceberg is like Broadsides  :lol:  ,  you can almost see the enemy base from your base...

At least it's a short walk home once you skyride...  hehe

-Av-

Wingflier

Ya, I agree iceberg is pretty small, but there's something about it...

I don't know I just think it would be fun...

Anyways...thanks for the input.

:lol:

Adam

Zero Angel

It would be easy to make into a strat map. Just edit the north side to look like the south side, and balance out the amt of water in the center.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Bull Dog

But as Iceburg currently sits the CPU base is about 2x better than the Human base.

Bull Dog

More building aera for starters.  That is very valuable.

PhoeniX-FlamE

im still not sure which side is better, because the human starts on a hill, meaning its harder for AI to attack or path find [although problems for human team scavs]

that whole map will need couple of changes to be good for start + making it more or less equel on both sides

Spawn

well, ai base is more open, but also more places to hide.  Both are balanced, but its a bit off like dunes.  More than a bit off, but anyway.  We would need to test it more.