• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

my FE isnt compatible with 1.3...

Started by Silverwing, October 25, 2004, 09:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverwing

is there an update i can get anywere that allows my FE to play in 1.3? if so plz let me know! :-(

Commando

I started what is currently an unofficial update for FE.  It gets FE running, but it isn't near perfect.

Fishbone

well, I guess we will call it an official FE 1.3pb patch ;)
there is nothing unofficial about your work, Commando!

Bull Dog

Cool Commando.  Is it going to be for MP, IA, MPI only or are you going for the SP part also?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Dark fox , since he did such a good job with rev.c, is going to head rev.d.

At the moment he is having fun with Dawn of War because 1.3 has taken so long to come out.

Commando! speak to me!

DarkFox

I was actually waiting until 1.3 is final before we work on balancing FE for it. As such, this pre-release update for FE isn't something we need to concern ourselves with in the multiplayer balance sense.

That being said, I'm sure there would be no harm done whatsoever in some very minor balance tweaks that I've had in my mind for a long time now, so I'll contact you via email about the Fishbone.

Fishbone

Actually, Hemp, you should not be talking about things you don't know.
There is not going to be a rev D.
There is going to be a FE for 1.3
But who is heading what and who is working on what is not out yet.
Commando (and some others) are working on a quick public beta fix that removes all console pop ups.
However, once 1.3 will be final, it will be time to go over FE and fix issues.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

QuoteActually, Hemp, you should not be talking about things you don't know.
There is not going to be a rev D.
There is going to be a FE for 1.3

....rev.d = FE for 1.3. If you were to read my posts more closely you would notice i have refered to rev.d as the '' 1.3 compatabilty patch for FE ''.

Please stop treating me as if i do not know what I am talking about, it doesnt suit your reputation for being logical and accurate.

Silverwing

1.3 is still in beta , any knowlege of when it will be official yet? even a clue? :o

Commando

I need a little help with the chat shell shell file, mainly with font color.  While in the chat room, typing in an invalid command, such as /help, will result in the player being prompted the supported commands.  In the FE shell, this prompt blends in with the background so the text can't be read.  It is practically invisible because it blends in with the background.  Does anyone know how to change the font color for alerts so it will be visible?

Bull Dog

Shell editing, hmmm.  Sorry man that is way out of my line.

ScarleTomato

in actuality jwk it seems that rev.d doesnt quite fit it since their not changing any of fe's aspects, primarily just some tweaks to make it compatible

i mean they didnt call bz's nocd tweak rev.b

and it seems to be more or less universally known as fe for 1.3, so would'nt you, for the sake of you being understood, call it that instead?

i dont know how technical yall like to get in these forums but i thought id drop two cents in

PhoeniX-FlamE

lol, you obvoiusly have no idea what FE rev.d gonna have

RubiconAlpha

Back on topic,

Thanks to Commando's shell work I have a much better idea just how much tweaking FE may need to run SP, IA, MPI and MP correctly.

How much of this can even be done until we know what v1.3 will end up like?

Hats off to Commando's work and any others behind the scenes tweaking FE for v1.3.

Your work looks cut out for you.