• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Changing Resolutions

Started by Sonic, November 28, 2004, 04:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

For the past few months, I've been finding my BZ2 changing the set resolution.  I always have it set for 1024x768x32.  However when I load it up, usually after rebooting my PC, the resolution is changed to something like 800x640 or somtthing far higher than my normal resolution.  In addition, the amount of resolutions in the Graphics Option changes.  Sometimes I have a list that doesn't go beyond the list box.  Other times, I have a HUGE list of resolutions.

Any idea how I can stop BZ2 from Changing my resolutions?
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Commando

I get the same thing too Sonic.  I also have issues with bz2 saving the resolution I want.  Try deleting your userprefs file and see if that helps.  It helped once.

Bull Dog

Ya I've had that problem before too.  Deleting the Userprefs file fixed it for me too.

technoid

Maybe the problem is when you're changing login names on the duty roster list, as that changes settings per login... or perhaps video drivers were changed?

Sonic

I have only one login and I have already tried deleting my userpref file.  There still is no success in stoping BZ2 from doing that.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Bull Dog

Try deleting BZ2 entirely.  Then reinstall it.  If that dosen't work, format your harddrive and reinstall your OS.

PhoeniX-FlamE

have that as well, but I was told back then that I have to change it, quit bzone and restart it and it would save it - it didnt

technoid

Hmm, maybe Userprefs was saved as read-only and so couldn't save new data to it?  Somehow the graphics properties seems buggy.  Could be a DirectX problem.  I haven't seen this problem myself, so not sure what else it could be.