• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Enhanced Scout

Started by Zero Angel, November 30, 2004, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

QuoteTrue, but consider its a scout it paints whatever comes near it, it not THAT bad by itself + you need to hold some humans hands as well, and some of them dont even listen

The scout loses that ability when its given a half-decent AI. (ie: auto-painting is a feature of the ScoutFriend/ScoutEnemy AI). Therefore, my scout will not auto paint things because it uses a different AI.

I spent a lot of time working with the scout AI to see if I could keep it, but the scout AI is *so* idiotic (spins in circles when its under a steady stream of fire) that I figured the benefits of having a decent AI was better then the benefits of having auto-painting.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

PhoeniX-FlamE

this knowledge is pure gold! and I just love a good conversion about all the weapons, wether if both sides know it it and both agree, its just great!
and besides, I dont think it hurts other people to read & learn :)

Wingflier

Aegeis

In 1.3 almost all units hilight enemies now on radar.  Its only scouts that auto paint.

Spawn

Quote from: PhoeniX-FlamEonly because you had a hidden pool somewhere  :-(  ;)

gj though :p

heh, yeah.  I only found 4 pools that game, but you didnt find one of them, so its all good.  Fighting you is really annoying btw, you know how hard it is to build on one pool :lol:
it was a great game though, when i still remembered how to command well, now i have no idea at all :D

APCs r evil

Quote from: WingflierDamn...

I don't learn

:(

Aha! I knew we were missing a peice of the puzzle... :-D

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Quote...decent AI was better then the benefits of having auto-painting...

:s

Red Devil

I think the whole point of having ZA' Scout is that it's a better Scout than the old one for dogfighting.

We're not tied to just one type of Scout any more.  We can have multiple ones in one section of the build tree.  One specializing in dogfighting, the other for, well, scouting.

Well done, ZA.  Ever think about adding it to the new patch for use by the AIP's or as wingmen for humans?  Just because it's in the pak, doesn't mean it's automatically in the game, but would be readily available for modders and AIP creators.
What box???

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I just love having things being painted for me, heh....really helps against those sneaky bombers 8D.

BTW, can a relay bunker still function as a relay bunker even if it paints things? I think there was once a mod for a rather tall tower that apparently could do both.

also, what happens if tracked units...hmm..lets say the hadean atlas...have the ai that lets them paint things.

Spawn

that ai doesnt work with treaded uinits...