• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Critical Error in the 1.3 Beta

Started by shane ward, January 06, 2005, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SE for older hardware, XP for modern hardware, XP Pro if you're floating in money...

Thu-Thu-Thu-That's all folks.  I've got 'em all, used 'em all, and will only install one of those two now.

-Av-

MowerMan

Agreed Av.  ME is just worthless.  XP Home runs great on my laptop with 256MB of memory.  512 is much better, but XP will run just fine with 256MB.

I actually like XP a lot.

sabrebattletank

I still think 3.1 is the way to go. The best games are for it: Jezball, Rodents revene, Figi golf...

CmptrWz

Bah Sabre, I have them all in windows XP :p

They run great :p

Ungodly

You guys will never take my BABY away from my me!  <huddles over TRS-80>

Hey!!! Dungeons of Dagaroth still works on it!  I can still load up Zaxon from my cassette player ... takes 40 seconds .. but it still plays!  :-D

Sword Master

Actualy Windows ME has it's advantages. For one it will work on a 200Mhz or less cpu speed, witch is very nice for running a server.

CmptrWz

Windows 98SE works just as well, if not better, then WinME on a 200Mhz or less CPU, and is nicer for running a server :p

OvermindDL1

Yes, far less overhead.  ME is far too bloated.